“Fernando Rocks!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Colonna
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was worried when I saw the overall rating on TA but was outvoted as our group of 21 was running out of patience trying to decide where to eat. Fernando was by far the nicest waiter we have met in our time in Italy! Why must all the others be so rude?! It was his birthday and we sang him happy birthday and our children’s choir performed a special song for him. The food was very good, from the Caprese salad to the home made cannelloni to the Panna Cotta and Latte Machiatto. I don’t understand why the reviews are as bad as they are for this restaurant. We’d definitely go back as long as Fernando was taking care of us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 075)

5 - 9 of 1 074 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The pasta was under cooked. The Parmesan in the rucola salad looked like it had been chewed off the block and was in chunks in the salad. The service was bad. We told the waiter when he collected uneaten plates of food how bad it was and we were dismissed. The Chianti was ok.
Much better places to go in Rome so don’t waste your money.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the mixed appetizer which was really good. All three main courses we had were good: carpaccio - if I remember correctly, it was beef and my wife really liked it; our friend had gnocchi with gorgonzola which seemed the best - it was excellent and I highly recommend it; and I had sea bass. The sea bass was good, but not great. I'm a bit spoiled with access to good seafood, but I like my fish to have a nice crisp outside. The skin was kind of rubbery. But the inside meat was cooked perfectly. I would give this 4.5 stars but the service was slow. I can't remember how many times we had to ask for the check (of which a few times, we had to get up and chase a waiter because they would pass by us without looking, and we were sitting right next to the door).

Reviewed 6 June 2018

As for the bruschetta, the bread was not italina, neither was it french, a thick slice of cheap bread and it was served without garlic. All right :)
The fork was dirty, the knife had some old leftover sticked to it. Really bad...
Ordered drinks never arrived and the pasta carbonara was the worst I ever had in my life. The aperol spritz tasted as if it was mixed by my year old son...nothing like the real deal, and I had a few of them since this was my fourth visit to Rome and sixth in Italy in genertal....
...but still, the worst of all is the waiters attitude, they do not care at all!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

This was our first meal in Rome last week and we were very impressed with the quality of the food and service. I had Fettucini Alfredo and my boyfriend had another pasta dish and we both enjoyed them very much. I immediately knew that the pasta was homemade which makes all the difference. In addition, the house red wine was superb. Good location and reasonable prices.

Been to L'Arcano? Share your experiences!