“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We stumbled on this cafe by chance. We were looking for a quick meal while our 9 month old was sleeping in the carrier. Our server was wonderful - very attentive and personable. The food was terrific and the meal was reasonably priced. We decided to stay a little longer and have gelato even after our baby woke up. Overall it was a great experience.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Not bad. Good service. Ok food.
Gets a little annoying having the staff approach people constantly inviting them to dine while you’re trying to relax and enjoy your meal/drinks, some people may find this entertaining though.

Pizza (Boscaiola) was surprisingly good. A lot of pizzas in Rome have a huge crust, while the centre is soggy mess. Not being a crust eater I find them pretty ordinary. The pizza here was a normal size crust and a base held up quite well. The ingredients weren’t anything special but the overall flavour was good.

We went a couple of times mainly due to convenience as we were staying upstairs, but otherwise wouldn’t go out of our way to go there.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We went there on our first day for lunch and we had a main dish that was red meat and chicken and it was very good. However, we came back and the second time was very disappointing (pasta).

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

My family’s first time in Rome Italy. We stayed at an apartment and cooked some days the other we ate out. Well, Caffe Washington was just a few doors down from our apartment so we didn’t have to go far. Although it was a little pricey for our budget of 3 kids and an adult, I must say it was worth the money. My son who is picky had pizza he loved it. I had the best seafood pasta ever! Not fishy at all although I held off the oysters. My other two kids they had meatball and some other pasta. I would definitely recommend for taste and service and as I said for the price it’s worth it

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

After walking past this hotel a few times and the man outside trying to get us to go in, we went in for breakfast one morning to escape our dingy crap hotel breakfast.

Although it did take a while for them to take our order, once we ordered the drinks came straight out and the food shortly after. The eggs were cooked perfectly and the coffee was good. No service charge added to breakfast either, nice spot on the corner for some breakfast.