“Small relaxed authentic restaurant”
Review of Ristorante Nerone

Ristorante Nerone
Ranked #60 of 13 954 Restaurants in Rome
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: we inform we are closed from 1 till 31 of august.we'll see each other on 1 september. Informiamo che saremmo chiusi dall 1 al 31 agosto.ci rivederemo il primo di settembre.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We are both students so wanted something not too expensive but nice and authentic and could genuinely not of left happier.

Wine: Nero something (red bottle €18, house red €14)

Starter: mixed bruschetta (€4)

Mains: Funghi Pizza, Spinach and Cheese Ravioli (€9, €11)

Dessert: Tiramisu, Panna Cotta (€6, €6)

The mixed bruschetta has olive pâté, artichoke pâté and tomato and neither of us like artichoke however the artichoke was easily our favourite.

Mains: Outstanding. Service exceptional. Just 10/10

Dessert: I don’t like dessert but the missus does but f**k me they were nice.

Wine: good wine, maybe the only thing slightly over priced.

The food came very quickly and the waiters were very quick to respond to questions, ordering and they quickly replaced my fork when it was dropped despite a full restaurant.

Unlike a lot of places in Rome they serve tap water, we were silly and bought bottled water for €3 before we realised.

Cannot recommend this place highly enough, very good value for money and the food couldn’t be better or more authentic.

1  Thank 120dylane

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Amazing service despite not having booked in advance, excellent quality of ingredients and cool atmosphere!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, good food and very great service! Looks a bit odd from outside but don’t be fooled. Could be good to reserve a table.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Fantastic food, very friendly staff, you need to book as its a very popular place, a meal here for 4 of us cost less than a lunch did elsewhere.They gave us complimentary broichetta, (TIP:most restaurants will bring bread and charge for it even if you didnt ask for it or eat it, also avoid restaurants who have breadsticks already on the table, you get charged for these). Can highly recommend.

1  Thank Jonathan R
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Wonderful! From the minute we stepped foot inside, to the minute we left.
Greeted with smiles, compliments, and assured a seat even without a reservation.
It was our last night in Rome, and we were so glad we went.
I read so many great reviews, and believe me, they are all very true.

When we sat down, we were given FREE water from their fountain, have not experienced free water in Europe yet. Our table wobbled as soon as the waiter poured our drinks and immediately fixed it without us even needed to ask.

They split up our entree so my partner and I could enjoy it evenly, and the best part about the meal, was the fact that the margarita pizza had the most cheese on it I’ve seen yet!
All in all, perfect.
The customers next to us loved the sauce on their entree, so the manager gave them samples of other sauces and meats.
Just fantastic hospitality and care for their customers.
Will return if I come back to Rome