“WORST DINING EXPERIENCE”
Review of Clotilde

Clotilde
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Clotilde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 023 of 14 079 Restaurants in Rome
Neighbourhood: Centro
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 25 July 2018

My friend & I went there for dinner tonight and it was absolutely the WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Terrible service & overpriced food! Don’t waste your money there. I do realize that this is a fancy restaurant but the waiter treated us as if we cannot afford it... wtf! As soon as we walked in the restaurant, the waiter told us we were not allowed to share a meal, which was weird and awkward cuz we won’t even planing to share in the first place. We ordered a couple dishes and the waiter was trying to get us to order more so we would spend more money there. I said we will just get these two for now and if it’s good, we’ll get more. The food tasted okay, below average and definitely overpriced for such a small portion. At the end the waiter was giving us dirty looks when we were paying I guess simply because we didn’t spend as much money as they were expecting??? Anyway the service was just horrible. I don’t know the waiter’s name but he’s this rude old man. And I don’t understand where those good reviews come from, certainly not from me.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Cynthia Z
AssistClienti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Clotilde, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Cynthia

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Our team has always been praised to be friendly and professional that's why they tried to explain that an Antipasto is not enough for two ( which doesn't mean it's not allowed to share a meal).
I must say that our prices are a strong reflection of quality of ingredients in our food and we wouldn't want to compromise on quality of what we are offering as service & comfortable dining space, The prices are well displayed outside and inside in the menu.
I will conclude that the style of the restaurant is simply not to your style nor taste.

All the best.
Clemente Quaglia.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

This restaurant, while pricey, is worth the cost. The food was delicious and the service friendly and helpful. I will go again on my next trip to Rome.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

My husband and I ate at Clotide on the recommendation of the bartender at The Gin Corner (literally around the corner). We sat outside as it was a beautiful evening. The servers were all very attentive, almost annoyingly so. However, we had some champagne, and started with the burrata cheese antipasti, my husband had the beef stuffed cannelloni with truffle, and I had the catch of the day (I believe it was bream) with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.

The food was fine, I did not feel it was anything very creative or spectacular; overall, it was a decent meal for a higher price tag. I likely would not dine here again.

As I mentioned, the servers were very attentive, to the point where I found it a bit disruptive. Also, the maître d' stood at the entry way to the restaurant the entire time, our table was the first outside of the doors, it did feel like she was hovering, I know this was not her intention, it was awkward having someone standing over your shoulder for the entire meal. Rather unfortunate table position I guess.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Eating here was a wonderful experience. This restaurant is beautiful and the food was divine.

We started with salmon carpaccio which was beautifully presented and so fresh. The selection of breads was interesting and lovely too. I had the home made pasta with tomatoes which was earthy and typically Italian - well it was my last night in Rome. My husband had the fish of the day which he quickly devoured.
The zabaglione was original - its taste was great but its texture simply sublime with home made biscuits hidden in it like treasure.

Yes it was pricey but so worth it. The best meal I’ve had in ages and definitely this year.

Thank you Chef. Grazi

Date of visit: June 2018
AssistClienti, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Clotilde, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you again for your kind words, we will make sure to share them with our team. Hoping to welcome you back soon.
Sincerely Yours,
Cav.Clemente quaglia

Reviewed 13 May 2018

This restaurant is apparently relatively new (<1.5 yrs) but created by the previous owner of Ristorante Clemente alla Magdelena. The dinning room is beautiful and modern with very comfortable seating. Outdoor seating is also available. The bar is well stocked by the wine list is expensive for Rome (not many bottles for less than 60 Euro which is unusual for Rome). We started with Artichoke which was prepared in oil, mint and pepper. This was followed by eggplant parmigiana which was cheesy. The main was the highlight: beef osso bucco. This was a large plate that we split. It has served over saffron rice. Overall, the food was delicious.

Date of visit: May 2018
AssistClienti, Direttore at Clotilde, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Johnanddon1

We are very pleased to know that you had an excellent experience with us and that our staff performance and services provided were up to your expectations..