“A highlight of our time in Rome”

Grano & Farina - Cooking School
Ranked #8 of 69 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Grano & Farina is a recreational cooking school in a professional space in the heart of Rome. We offer classes in pastry making, pasta by hand, bread, pizza, knife skills and more. Located in Trastevere, not far from the Vatican and city center, we provide small, personalised classes for 2-8 people taught in english, french or Italian. Owned and run by an Italian chef and American-Italian pasta maker, our philosophy is : All local, All Italian & All Organic whenever possible.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am so glad we took the time out of our busy Rome schedule to take a private class at Grano & Farina. We hand made pasta and different sauces. It was fun and educational. They were so accommodating to our dietary requests as well. Looking forward to trying these recipes at home now. My teenage granddaughter thoroughly enjoyed her experience too. A lovely way to spend an afternoon and then enjoy the meal you have made.

All reviews
"learn how"
"an amazing experience"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Although this experience is a foodie's dream, I don't think that frameset is a requisite - it is the very best of the "icing on the cake" while visiting Rome. I took a bread class, and although I've been a home Baker for years, I learned so much! Fantastic hands-on learning, great conversation, perfect ambiance... could not have asked for better. In fact, as soon as I got home, I signed up for another class!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Took 16 year old there who enjoys cooking. They were prepared for us patient sowed us how easy to make homemade pasta and sauces. Patient and definitely a hands on class where you eat your accomplishments. My granddaughter found this her favorite part of two week tour of Italy. Lots of wine and more food than you can eat. They Evan found us a great dessert left from another class. Highly recommend this to anyone who was any interest in cooking. They also sent home recipes.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Took the pastas of southern Italy course which was really useful as it shows you how easy it can be to make fresh pasta from scratch. Pino and Julia are fantastic teachers, interesting people and provide detailed instructions to take home.