“Gifts to bring home!”

Ranked #817 of 14 092 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 2 October 2018

My last day in Rome - my sister and I got up early to grab breakfast and walk around one last time before we fly back to the U.S.. I had googled places to buy wine that I could pack and bring home with me, and lo and behold, the BEST place was literally right across the street from my hotel. What are the chances!
We stop in on our way back to the hotel and while they weren't the most welcoming I did manage to grab the attention of one man and he did his best to make recommendations and help me with my selection.
I wish I had found this place sooner because they had a large selection of drinks from all areas of Italy! They ship to the US as well!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Two days in this vino cave...
You can not forget. If you want to hurry them go somewhere else.
Piano piano....
When they think you are ready for a good glass of wine you can joy them. Otherwise go elsewhere. Just for very good wine and a good story. Francesco is great. The rest you must see and feel yourself.. not for tripadvisor... secret spot in Rome. Ciao francesco.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 18 September 2018

A lovely setting for a rustic Italian lunch and a drop of wine. An amazing selection of wines all availble to try by the glass at a very reasonable price.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We were looking forward to experience the historic Buccone. However, beside the lovely historic interior and great selection of wines, the woman at the ticket register didn't pay any attention to us even when we tried to purchase from her - there is better service on diners at the italian autostrada. Besides from her, great place and great for your palette.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Called in to Buccone for a drink on the way to dinner and were astounded by the number and variety of the wines they had for sale. When we asked if there was anywhere to sit the waiters dragged two tables into the middle of the shop and then brought us platters of meats, cheeses and vegetables. We were able to choose any of the wines from the shelves and so we sat, gloriously on view, surrounded by an incredible array of wines, nibbling and drinking. One of the most bizarre but memorable experiences we had in Rome, all made possible by friendly, knowledgeable staff with a passion for wine.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Yorkshirecritic

Been to Enoteca Buccone? Share your experiences!