“Standing coffee at the bar”
Review of Bar Tre Scalini

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I had an awful experience for dinner one, and since then I avoid it for food. But standing coffee after lunch is still good.
I was amazed by the full staff of indians, pakistans and so on as waiters, who hardly speak italian or even english.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 134)

22 - 26 of 1 134 reviews

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Never had the Tartufo in Rome, it was my first time: it tasted really good, maybe the service was weak and price a little bit high but... I was in one of the nicest and most famous squares of the world! So ... my suggestion is “try it!”

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

As others have said, it is a tourist trap. The food and even espresso average, but view of the piazza and fountains is great.
We only stopped for deserts and coffee, and I liked cassata, but tartuffo was not the best for me, too sweet and felt like ice cream from a box.
Overall don’t go here for Italian meal, but it’s not the worst thing if you happen to look for a place with the view of Bernini’s amazing fountains.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Unless you collect your money from the Trevi Fountain, avoid this tourist trap!. Food is below average. The Tartufi thing tasted EXACTLY like Häagen-Dazs Belgian chocolate flavour.. no less, no more. But we had to pay 24 Euro for 2 Tartufi, which was outrageous. More than that, the waiters are rude and have never heard of thee term "customer service". They changed our tables twice just to squeeze other customers in. Undoubtedly, the worst experience in my 10-day trip to Rome. There are better place who sell real authentic Tartufi near the Vatican and for 4 Euro only!!.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

After a lovely morning spent at the Vatican and hearing the Pope give mass, we found ourselves in Piazza Navona and just fancied a little pick me up. I ordered the house speciality which is the Tartufo, a chocolate truffle ice cream with a rum soaked cherry in the middle, topped with cream.
It was expensive at €12 but if ever the saying 'when in Rome..' was applicable, it's for the Tartufo!