All reviews nice pool nice hotel the nearest metro station shuttle service decent size bus stop mini bar cornelia toiletries buses
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I would unfortunately not recommend this hotel if you value a good breakfast, good air conditioning, or washcloths. We were in a double room but there was almost zero space between the beds, the room is pretty tight. Not a biggie, because we thought it may be typical of Roman hotels. Our first night was uncomfortably warm and seemed the air conditioning never really kicked in during our stay. Also, the hotel does not supply washcloths. This was somewhat of a surprise for us, and a first considering we have visited Europe before. Lastly the included breakfast is just okay, probably better if at least the buffet food was hot.

The staff we encountered were very friendly, and were responsive to our requests. Also must say the two lunches we had at the property were far better than the breakfast.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 214Sparkle1999
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Never in my traveling experience I found my room still not done at 15.00 . This was the day after my first night.
Breakfast was ok even though they can extend it till 10.30am
The female receptionists were a bit rough and should be trained in better communication skills.

Room Tip: Higher floors have bad reception of WIFI.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Good value hotel on the outskirts of Rome, trains and buses directly into the city centre for 1 Euro. Hotel is clean, modern and the staff are all friendly. Breakfast was pretty good too. I would definitely recommend as a good value Hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jasonek19
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

When booking travel packages on Groupon we know we will generally not be in the center of the action. The Hotel Midas location is not even on the local Rome map it’s so far away. The only public transportation is a bus stop which is roughly a 10 minute walk and it is located across the highway from Via Aurelia or the Metro that requires a taxi to get you there. The Midas Hotel does offer a shuttle ride to the Vatican which is always booked. We made reservations on the shuttle but when it was time to go we were bumped because they over booked. When I asked if they could pay for a taxi to get me to the metro they said no and that I would have to wait for the next shuttle. Even though center of room is only 5 miles away, plan on at least a one hour trip from this hotel via public transportation. The breakfast has a very poor selection and is not the most appealing. They have a very strange Paul policy where there is no lounge chairs around the pool, only a chain fence. Hotel guests have to pay a cover charge to use the pool. The gym has 3 pieces of outdated equipment. The room we stayed in on the fifth floor did have a balcony overlooking the very noisy Via Aurelia. This is the type a hotel where they bring mini tour groups but it is not a hotel to bring your family for a vacation. The Midas Hotel has zero customer service. I was here 5 nights and would never stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I cannot tell you how thankful we are for our concierge, Rosana, whose name I hope I am spelling correctly. We made a bold move and decided to take the bus to the train to the Spanish Steps without knowing Italian. Rosana was off duty and helped us get on the correct bus, get to the train station, buy a ticket, get on the correct train, and get to the Spanish Steps. We were so very lucky to bump into her and that she happened to be going to same way. Excellent service thus far. Nice and clean room with a comfortable bed!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple