“Tucked away in a tranquil village”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Portuguese first
Any
kernowlob...
Cornwall
“Tucked away in a tranquil village”
Reviewed 22 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Tucked away in a medieval village the apartment is so tranquil and the setting is taken straight out of a film set, burn umber and terracotta walls, beautiful green trees and a church in a cobbled square.
The accommodation is basic, with cooker, fridge and everything needed if you want to cook. Condiments are there as well as coffee and tea. Water is good to drink from the tap as it is in all of Rome (find the drinking fountains, a great past time).
Towels are provided albeit a bit small, the apartment is sugestably a cave/converted barn, done to a high standard, but with the bathroom being at the back it suffers for lack of air circulation so sometimes it can be musty, use the fan, we found this helped. The shower is powerful and water is enough for two good long showers, the shower screen had a temporay fix at the time we were there, I guess that will be sorted, but we didn't mind. Bedding is good and there is a dining table and seating which we moved to the courtyard for Al fresco dining/drinking.
The fridge is a beauty and keeps beer 1 degree below excellent drinking temperature!
Shop for food and bits are in La Storta, again only a short free bus trip away.
Restaurants are dedicated to locals and are a bit shy with tourists. There is a lovely restaurant just up the hill from the apartment which is good, brush up on your itallian food words tho...
We had a great meal, not sure what we had ordered but good.

Thank you Laura for your instructions. TRAVELLERS * note, receive them study them and it is easy, the local bus 032 is basically free and drops you in the square right outside the apartment, so don't worry.

23 Aug 2018
Thank yuo for your rewie,but let me explain the the local bus 032 is not free,the ticket eu1,50 that yuo used to travel Whit train and metro is valid on that bus too.
Regards Laura.
Thomas S
“Potentially, a gem of a place to stay near Rome?”
Reviewed 6 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

One of the best things about visiting Rome is public transport. A ticket costs just €1.50, lasts 100 minutes from validation and you can use the train, bus and metro (underground). What this means is that you can find a great place to stay just outside the city centre, away from the noise and the traffic and save a small fortune on the accommodation which is exactly what I did staying at Laura's place.
The room is a single open plan room with a small bathroom at the back. It has an exposed brickwork arched ceiling which adds to it's charm.
I was unable to talk to Laura before leaving just to make a couple of suggestions which would make this a really great place to stay. Firstly a condensation removing unit is needed. Probably due to the shape of the room little fresh air gets to the back of the room so a slight note of dampness is apparent. Secondly, new cotton bed linen is needed. The existing stuff, along with a few other things, is showing its age now.
Fix these two things and this place would be a great place to stay.

16 Jun 2018
thank you Thomas for your advice, I hope to host you again , my best regards Laura.
Reviewed 1 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

23 Jun 2018
Jack Blyte, you are the welcome here; many of my neighbors thay ask me about you and they send you they greetings.I am sure that we will see again.....
Laura and Family.
Dream5320...
“Loved our stay at Laura's place in Isola Farnese”
Reviewed 1 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Great apartment in lovely quiet village, with everything in you could need for a great stay. Apartment was bigger than expected, great location for seeing all the sights of Rome while at the end of the day being able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. With a car the apartment is also situated near enough to see the out lying sights- we especially enjoyed the gardens of Villa d'Este at Tivoli. Laura was an amazing host, gave us great info on the area, when we first got to the apartment the internet wasn't working (no fault of our host's) let Laura know and she immediately sorted it out for us; she was on hand if we needed her, yet respected our privacy. Thank you Laura- we loved our stay and will hopefully be back one day!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
5 Dec 2017
Dear Sarah, thank you so much.
I hope to host you again since in the countryside of Rome there are other beatiful places to visit that wait for you......
Best regards and Happy Christmas .
Laura.
suitcaset...
SOUTH HOLLAND
“Was not as I expected”
Reviewed 20 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Location is far, far away from everything, you really need a vehicle, yes there is a bus stop right behind the building, but if you've never been here, it can be a bit confusing. I rented the place for 32days for I'm a world traveler and I live up to 3 months in each country as an expat. The day I arrived was the day I decided not to stay, so I notified Laura and left the very next day, because I had to find another place overnight. This place is so isolated from everywhere and the "central heating" as listed, is a wall-mounted utility light heater with halogen bulbs, which did not keep me warm at all, only if I stood under it. Thanks for the warm blankets provided. The next morning it was still very cold outside, and I was very cold, so I had to turn on the burners to keep me warm until I left. The place is very dark, not enough light (not enough wattage in the light bulbs), the cooking ware was not clean, (it’s so dark you can’t see the dirt and grease build up, but you can feel it) grease/dirt build up on coffee pot and exhaust fan. I wanted to make noodles, but the pot would not come clean, I boiled and boiled and boiled to clean out the buildup film in the pot, but it never became clean, despite my scrubbing. Laura was very, very nice.It is clearly ONE room with a queen size and a twin bed, a cabinet for hanging clothes; there’s a dinette table with comfortable chairs and a kitchenette and there is a bathroom with a shower. In the amenities there is Cable Satellite TV listed, when I arrive, there was neither it clearly states this in the amenities. In the picture, on the counter in the kitchenette, there is a microwave, there was clearly no microwave when I arrived.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
23 Nov 2017
Mrs. Kim, in 3 years you are the first guest that did not understand where and how the apartment is located, since there is a very good description on the TripAdvisor side.
My apartment is very bright and clean.
There are many pictures about the interior.
I am been more than honest with you giving you back all my profits,according to the tripadvisor policy I was not supposed to give you back any money at all. Your review sounds to me as a revenge for your own mistake.
Laura.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing