“A great way to celebrate a birthday - or just to enjoy excellent cooking”
Review of Hostaria Romana

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Reviewed 16 May 2018

It was my wife's birthday and I tried to book a recommended restaurant, but it was fully booked. I chatted with our hotel manager who said the Hostaria Romana is one of his favourite restaurants and he would call his friend, the owner, to make a booking.

It worked and we arrived at opening time - 7.15pm to find quite a queue hoping to get in without a booking. There were some disappointments.

Our waiter was full of fun and very attentive. We ordered roast suckling pig and osso bucco among other dishes. My goodness, it was all delicious! The house wine was excellent and very cheap. The atmosphere was electric with animated conversation and we quickly met and chatted with people at neighbouring tables.

Without doubt, this was by far and away the best dining we experienced in Rome. What really amazed me was the final bill - 80 euros. That was fantastic value for the whole evening of fine food and great fun. Well worth a generous tip for our brilliant waiter.

1  Thank Malcolm C
Write a ReviewReviews (2 606)

25 - 29 of 2 606 reviews

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Among the very best meals we had during our recent trip to Italy, the Hostaria Romana was recommended by the concierge of our Hotel: Everybody loves the food there!

He was correct, well prepared food in a friendly comfortable environment. Good wine and a delightful evening.

We plan to return on our next journey to Rome.

1  Thank Prairiedog17
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Arrived at about 8.45pm without reservations and managed to snag a table. Service was quick. Had the penne alla arrabiata which was divine and the artichoke roman style and omg it was the most divine, tender, perfectly cooked vegetable ever. Highly highly recommend. Bellissimo!

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Our concierge recommended this very cozy restaurant. We arrived a little bit before opening and were greeted by a line waiting for the 7:15 opening. The restaurant filled up within minutes despite a torrential downpour. The food was delicious. Not only the food that we had ordered but we were also given an assortment of little plates to try. Cold zucchini flower and zucchini omelet with cheese, rice balls, olives and cookies at the end. Fabulous. My favorite spot in Rome so far. When I return I will eat here again

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was busy and booking is recommended. Once we got there the staff were welcoming, funny, attentive and we had a great experience. The food was amazing. The antipasti della casa was absolutely amazing! Every bite was a revelation! The pasta was delicious and the whole meal was a brilliant experience. Highly recommended.

Been to Hostaria Romana? Share your experiences!