“Very poor meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: “Life is a combination of magic and pasta” - Federico Fellini Pasquino brings Roman tradition to the table. It is a typical restaurant that offers flavoured dishes prepared with good ingredients, sapient hands, and a creative touch. The menu changes every season to constantly offer you fresh and high quality dishes. Not to be missed out: cacio e pepe. Here you can eat a good pasta dish, two steps away from Navona square. * * * * “Non si vive di solo amore… ce vuole anche una carbonara.” Aldo Fabrizi Pasquino porta la tradizione romana in tavola. E’ un ristorante tipico che offre piatti ricchi di sostanza e di gusto, preparati con buone materie prime, mani sapienti, e con un tocco di creatività. Il menu cambia in base alle stagioni per offrirvi piatti sempre freschi e di qualità. Da non perdere la cacio e pepe. Qui si mangia un buon piatto di pasta, a due passi da piazza Navona.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Very poor dinner, ordered a bruschetta and a bowl of Gnocchi. Bruschetta was average at best and was one of the worst i’ve had in Rome throughout the times i have been here. 45 minutes later, when they finally remembered me and my friends existed, my Gnocchi came out and it was absolutely awful, with a massive lump of greasy cheese in the middle with half warm and half cold Gnocchi, indicating to me that it most probably had been microwaved instead of a nice fresh Italian meal. Would HIGHLY recommend looking elsewhere!!!

GuestRelationsMng8r, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Ristorante Pizzeria Pasquino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent experience. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.
I am disappointed to read that the service didn't meet with your expectations.
We apoligise for the wait.
We do not microwave the food, guess that one dish was ready before the other one, and then they were brought toghether to the table.
Our sincere apoligies. If you comunicated the problem to the waiter, we would have gladly canged the dish for free, as mistakes can happen, and we want our guests to be happy.
Should you still be in Rome, we will gladly offer you a lunch.
Sincrely,
Ristorante Pasquino

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

A few mates and I decided to indulge ourselves to a nice dinner out and came across ristorante pasquino. We waited about 10 minutes before our order was taken. Not bad pretty reasonable. I ordered prosciutto with rock melon and a bowl of gnocchi. As a group our entrees took roughly 30 minutes to come out. After finishing our entrees it began to rain and we moved inside. It took a further 45 minutes after we had finished eating for our entrees for the mains to arrive. The gnocchi I received was deplorable. We had clearly been forgotten about and half the plate of gnocchi was cold with the other half mildly warm. Not only this but the due to this cold nature it tasted gluey and had clearly been microwaved. My friend ordered a pizza and after trying a bite of a slice I physically spat it out into a napkin due to its gluey texture. Would seriously advise against dining here. Literally eat at any other restaurant

Dear guest,
I am disappointed to read that the service didn't meet with your expectations.
We apoligise for the wait.
Should you still be in Rome, we will gladly offer you a lunch.
Sincrely,
Ristorante Pasquino

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Great Pizza, and pasta, but probably the best Gnocchi in Rome!
We were in Rome three nights, we ate dinner here two of the three nights. It is that good. the staff is great and the wine is even better!

1  Thank CBS_13
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent service with Denis and staff. Rosa making the pasta as we can see. Really worth the visit.

1  Thank RIB4371
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I have to be true my fiancee and I were heading to a different place but we could not find it, one lady from the restaurant approached us saying if we wanted to look at the menu and asking from which country we were from as we replied she start talking about our country she had visited Peru, she was so nice that we decided to give the restaurant a try and we were not dissapointed. By far this place has the best pizza in Rome (and believe I tried several places) I remember the flavor of the tomato sauce until now. My fiancee asked for a risotto with shrimps that was also excellent! On our last day in Rome we returned for saying goodbye to awesome food!