“Very good pizza”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place was recommended to us from the owner of our accommodation. Indeed a good recommendation. Both pizzas where excellent and the one with smoked ham was tasty. My pizza Neapolitan lacked anchovies. Only small pieces (approx 1 1/2 regular anchovy was on the pizza) The reason why I give it still a 4 was the excellent taste of the rest. (I love anchovies and hoped there would be a good amount of this lovely fish on it)
Service very competent but no smile no how do you like the food. The only smile from the very professional waiter was when I gave him a tip.
If you like a good pizza this is a worthwhile place to go.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Well, the service is not very kind, just serious and correct. Don't try make jokes with them. However, talking about the food and expierence, for me, 5 stars, no doubt. The prize (really cheap), the ambient and above all, the taste. Best pizza I have eaten in this trip. It's the kind of place you go with friends in your hometown on Friday.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

It was fun to find a place with old school interior, felt like going back in time. Pizza was very good! It was the first time I ate marinated zucchini and I would go back just for that :)

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We stayed near here for 2 months and ate at F1 regularly. It felt authentic because we were usually the only tourists and the staff were not fawning all over us (although they did get friendlier as they got to know us).

The pizzas are crisp and tasty. The fritti are amazing - a mixed plate is 6 euros and fabulous. Beer is super, draft and bottle. Wine is adequate and cheaper than the beer. Something called scamorza is just stupidly good in a childhood kind of way - melted cheese on a plate with (in our case) anchovies, served with bread to mop it up.

I like the fact that you're surrounded by ordinary Roman families having a good time and enjoying basic but super food. We ate at other more sophisticated places but we came here most.

Decor - bright lights and pictures of racing cars.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

If you want subtle lighting with stylish furnishings, KEEP WALKING.
If you want simple, efficient service that brings you simple food cooked to perfection and don’t mind maybe having to wait for a table then step right in.
This restaurant has most probably not changed in 30 yrs or the menu.
Trust me the place works, the food is Very very good and the service is quick. You might get a smile, you might not. Do the staff all speak English and fawn over the clientele, nope but you’ll get what you want and they’ll make sure you get it.
Cheap and easy and well worth the experience.

Been to Pizzeria Formula 1? Share your experiences!