“Vomiting all night after eating tonnato carpaccio and tonnato stake”

Da Franco al Vicoletto
Ranked #5 242 of 13 956 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

One of three has been vomiting all night after eating tonnato carpaccio and tonnato stake! Two of us had set meal which was ok but the place is not in any way the standard it used to be. Self-evidently we do not recommend!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Poor food. Terrible service. Extremely rude manager who snatched my credit card when I requested to pay and walked away with it. I went after him and he handed it to a waitress standing at a desk with a portable card reader! Staff falling over to help Italian customers that they knew but clearly not interested in tourists.
We made our complaints to waitress but she ignored and made no response.
Only place in Rome we found where the staff were not friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We had Friday dinner there and the mussels where excellent and a very large portion. I had a mixed fish platter which came quickly after the mussels but my wife waited and waited for her Turbot. The waitress was clearly stretch to her limit. I had finished half of my food and after we got the attention of the owner did the fish come out of the kitchen (after another short wait) and indeed it was an excellent choice.
I would give the restaurant a 4 but the long wait until the fish came and as well waiting long for the bill only deserves a 3
The fish is excellent and very busy restaurant. The prices are high for this area but they should have more staff on hand for such busy nights

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Around the corner from the main station in Rome (about a 10 minute walk) is this large restaurant full of local families. A wide range of fish dishes and local wines at reasonable prices. Service is prompt. Try the Bee Bar on Via Tiburtina for a late night cocktail or the lovely ice cream shop opposite to the restaurant for a late night ice cream.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Place is easy to find, it has good prices, tasty meals, definitely a place worth to give it a try and visit it

Date of visit: November 2017