“Great ride!”

Big Bus Rome
Ranked #349 of 924 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Big Bus Rome represents the best compromise to discover the city of Rome. Passengers can learn precious information about the history of the Eternal city through the recorded commentary in 9 different languages from an open-top hop-on hop-off bus. Passengers can choose between Classic, Premium and Deluxe tickets, including guided walking tours. Big Bus runs every day from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm and any stop is conceived to allow our customers to hop-on hop-off close to the most famous monuments of Rome. Free Wi-Fi on board
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 28 June 2018

BigBusRome, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Big Bus Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Write a ReviewReviews (1 005)
All reviews
in 8 reviews
"the loop"
"big red bus"
in 4 reviews
"great overview of the city"
"different languages"
"trevi fountain"

189 - 193 of 1 007 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Reviewed 26 June 2018

If available, I try to take a hop-on/hop-off tour bus when I visit large cities. Rome was no exception and I bought the two day pass on Big Bus Rome specifically to get the catacomb addition. The Big Bus Rome stops at many major sights and stops make it convenient to walk to many other sights not directly on the route. I really enjoyed the tour until I tried to get to the catacombs. It was a little confusing about switching bus lines so I asked drivers and attendants at the main station and one of the stops where I waited for the correct bus for the catacombs. I was misinformed at least four different times! I never made it to the catacombs the first day but figured I had another day to try. The second day there happened to be a major bicycle race in Rome and the bus schedule and routes were all shortened. No advance warning! In fact we were waiting at the main station and there wasn't even a sign that said the pick-up point for that day was moved! Needless to say, I never made it into the catacombs because by the time I got there they were closed. Better communications about the city event schedule and better informed personnel would have gone a long way in making my Big Bus Rome tour a great experience. Lesson learned: have advance knowledge of events that could impact tour schedules and really study the tour guide to figure out how to get to where you want to be at the correct time. Asking the tour personnel did not work for me. That being said, the Big Bus is a good way to get to the sights.

Dear Customer,

Your detailed review is highly appreciated, thank you.

We are very sorry for the misleading information you got but, regarding the bike race, we took care to inform all our staff, partners and customers about that by putting an notice both on the website and on board.

We are happy to hear that despite this inconvenience you consider Big Bus Tours a good way to discover a city and we invite you to travel with us again in one of the 19 cities we serve around the world.

Best regards
Emily

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The staff were very friendly which is always a plus. Sadly, I waited up to 35 minutes for buses scheduled to run every 10-20 minutes. Often Big Bus customers would wait at a stop for ages to see one or two pink, green, blue or red [competitor] buses come and go. Shade on the top deck for rain or shine would be advantageous, although the free poncho was welcome during a rain storm. Lastly, please sort the flimsy paper voucher out. I had the ticket on my phone and was given the print out receipt when I first boarded which I clung to for two days as the recorded message repeatedly warned: "If you lose your ticket, you lose your ride."

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write this review for us, it is essential for us in order to improve our service.

We are glad to hear that you appreciated our friendly staff and we hope that despite the issues encountered in Rome you will choose Big Bus Tours again in the future, we are sure that you won't be disappointed.

Best regards