“Friendly, tasty and cheap”

Il Vascello dai Sardi
Ranked #4 953 of 13 972 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monteverde
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Family run ristorante (lunch and dinner)/ pizzeria (dinner only) in a small lane off a side street in Trastevere. Simple but superb. They serve the best pizza we have had since visiting Varese in the 1980s. Choose anything on the menu and you won't be disappointed. A gem in the suburbs.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 26 November 2016

good local food, heavy on the seafood, which was a surprise for in rome. appears to be a hangout for the local semester abroad students from american university, etc, a good look into what a neighborhood osteria was like in the past. tiramisu was bit wet, but definitely home made.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Dorina and her team have been making the same delicious dishes for years and know exactly what they're doing. Really consistent menu with a fairly wide range of dishes which suit most appetites/moods. Expect less of the modern flair and more of the traditional quality done really well. This place is my go to place in Monteverde and has outlived many restaurants which have come and gone over these 30 years i've lived in the area.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Not so far from Trastevere and from the Gianicolo, in Monteverde Vecchio, you will always have a good meal; at least this is what is happening to me since a year, the day I discovered this place. It is old fashion, I understood it existing already many years, you see different generations of the same family coming regularly. The pizza look very good but accept for the foccaccia I did not taste it. I always start with my favorite antipasto, polpo alla sarda, really very good, and than I continue with fish. Pasta alle vongole or with bottarga. I suppose meat dishes are also good but I never tried it. The cuisine is from Sardegna, a very special island with his own language, traditions and cuisine indeed. The service is average/good,it depends from how busy it is, do not expect a fancy place but to me beside the quality the atmosphere is very important. In the good season you can enjoy outside the terrace.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

I never write poor reviews but I was so disappointed with this place I am on this occasion. My mother and I were looking forward to having a great meal in a local restaurant. We were greeted with a poor very unwelcoming reception from the staff. Perhaps because we were tourists? The bread was burnt and badly cooked. My mum had veal which was very tough, chewy and lacking in taste. I had penne salmone. The pasta was not fresh and the sauce tasted like it was out of a jar. And it wasn't cheap for €20 each we felt cheated.