Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Pompeii Food Tours
from US$88,20
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We visited this site as a family of 10 people. Our guide, Ricardo, was excellent and very knowledgeable. The Pompeii site was unlike anything I had ever seen before and my Grandfather who has travelled quite extensively said it was the best ruins he has ever seen.

We then went to dine for lunch and the food was excellent...a very unique way to see Pompeii and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My wife and I recently got married and went to the Almalfi coast and Pompeii as a part of our honeymoon. I contacted Pompeii Food Tours for a private tour and dinner experience, and was immediately assigned Francesca as my agent. I can't speak more highly of Francesca's prompt responses, email contact and organisation throughout the entire process. I mentioned this was for our honeymoon and that it was a surprise, which Francesca handled fantastically, and her solid english was a huge help . The absolute high light of the tour has to be our tour guide, Lello. He absolutely made our trip and our honeymoon. Being an archaeologist, Lello's passion, experience and knowledge was exceptional. If you book with Pompeii Food Tours I strongly suggest you ask for Francesca and Lello as your tour guide.
Thank you so very much for a fantastic experience!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The communication via email with the agents was easy and smooth. The highlight of the tour (other than the breathtaking views of Pompeii and amazing authentic food) was our guide Antonio. He was extremely knowledgeable about the ruins, and he took the time to learn our names and was funny and helpful! The restaraunt we went to for the authentic roman meal was amazing and everyone was lovely! the food was filling and the wine was exquisite! we got to wear traditional Roman attire and had a lovely evening. This tour and antonio come highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

This tour was way beyond our expectations. From the knowledgeable and friendly tour guide to the awe of the sights, to the final meal, everything was top-notch and I would do it again in a heart-beat!

It all began when I found the tour through TripAdvisor and coordinated everything with the friendly Francesca who helped me understand what the deal was and answered all my doubts.

The tour is very personal and private, just 4 adults and the guide. No large crowds or obnoxious tourists to contend with. Our tour guide Fabio, met us on site at the expected location. As the tickets were not included in the tour package, we gave thin the money and he stood in line and purchased the tickets for us while we waited under shadows. 53E for 4 adults, cheap.

Fabio was very friendly, could speak English very clearly and precisely and was extremely knowledgeable of the history and culture of ancient Pompeii and Rome. He systematically went through and explained to us everything calmly as he took us through all the interesting points of the ruins. We were free to ask any questions we wanted and we did, which he answered with aplomb.

At the end of the guided tour we paid Fabio and parted ways as he left us at the restaurant.

At the end of the tour we were treated to a "lunch," which was included in the package. I put that in quotes because this was way beyond a lunch, it was 4 course meal of grilled salmon, chickpea broth with olive oil, some other fish with spinach, bread, wine and desert. And all this while dressed in in ancient Roman garb. The food was exquisitely delicious, one of the best meals we had during our entire trip and the waiters were gracious and helpful.

I highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting Pompeii, it is well worth it!!

And ask for Fabio as your guide!!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter booked our Tour of the Pompei Ruins which included Lunch, Our Tour Guide Lalla was Great very informative and friendly.

1  Thank Snooks1948