See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were there in September 2015 for our honeymoon. We actually stayed an extra night than planned and still had to pay for our hotel in Rome because we loved Capri and our stay there so much. The owner was very kind. Don't expect her to kiss you good night before bed but she was very accommodating, very attentive and part of what we found charming about her place. It's more of a bed and breakfast. Our room was clean and nice. The patio was nice. If you are expecting a view of the ocean for what she charges for a room, then you clearly haven't done your homework there as rooms are very expensive in Capri. The breakfast was lovely, we slept in one morning more towards 11a or so and she still had breakfast waiting for us. I mentioned I wanted to rent a moped and she called and had one delivered to the garden- basically to our table in 10 mins. The bus goes right past very often to take you into town. A very quick walk to the beautiful beach. I am currently writing this review in Greece and realized I forgot to review how much we loved our stay. We went to several islands this trip and compared each of them to Capri. We will be back and we will be staying here.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John A
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Absolutely loved everything about this hotel. It was really nicely done out and the standard of decoration was very high. Its position is perfect for a few days on the beach and due to the hotels connection with one of the bars on the beach you could get free beach chairs for the day which is a bonus. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone, the staff were really friendly and helpful and good fun.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2016

We loved everything... Clean room.... Friendly staff... Our Tomtom device couldn't find the hotel. Because the road in front of the hotel is closed to regular traffic(You have to walk about 50 meters) We were lucky that they have sent us the directions by email. Make sure that you get the directions before you go. They will send you a detailed email.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2015

We stayed at the Nautilus in late September and I have to say that it failed to meet our expectations. As location is concerned, it is great if you just intend to go to the beach at Marina Piccola, which is really close. Though the entrance looks charming and promising, the rooms are a great disappointment. The reservation stated we would get a room with a view.Instead, we got a triple room overlooking a tiny 'patio' with a green old carpet (grass??), facing a stone wall and covered on top with a sort of green mosquito net. Just awful. Worn out furniture and old appliances. No TV but a "17 computer screen, tiny bathroom crying for a renovation, worn out towels and beadspreads. I forgot a light on and the owner started rumbling about how we americans waste everything (we are from South American, she said it was the same, Trump would love that). All that for an unreasonable 200 euros/night for such a place ... If your idea is to spend most of the time at the nearby by beach, then the location in perfect. If you don't, try to find something nearer the piazzeta or even Marina Grande because the piazzeta and other attractions are aprox 20/30 minutes by foot. My advice: avoid it. I give it two points because I feel generous. The natural beauty of this amazing island made the trip totally worth it even though the lodging was not what we expected.

Room Tip: never take the triple room because it is awful and has no view whatsoever
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank GVC2012
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This was not an ideal hotel for us.
- We like to stay in the middle of the city close to everything; this hotel wasn't. 20 minutes walk to town and there are buses
- the triple room was tiny
- bathroom was tiny and felt unclean
- furniture is very basic

Some good:
- proprietor, a Swiss lady in Capri for a long time, was helpful
- other staff were helpful
- breakfast location under the lemon tree we great
- close to via Krupp, one of the best walks in the world but it was closed ... it seems all the locals were jumping the gate so did we.

Room Tip: Don't book the triple room as they will just add a bed to an existing double room making it extremely tight. Some rooms (not ours) had balconies with great views of the blue, blue sea.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family