All reviews la canasta villa margherita the pool area was lovely sea view buca di bacco every morning robes and slippers squeezed orange juice lovely hotel hotel owner the breakfast area large terrace capri town fresh fruit breakfast is served visit capri beautiful island
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely boutique hotel in the centre of Capri a couple of minutes walk from Louis Vuitton. Nice bedrooms with lovely bathrooms. Al fresco breakfast was good, pool area great and sun deck over looking the sea. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vlalt73
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My husband and I went to Capri for two days and one night.....much too little time. We stayed at the Canasta and felt very welcomed. The staff as well as the owner made sure that our visit was comfortable. We were greeted with an upgraded room which was lovely. Lots of beautiful tile throughout the room...a balcony....lavish robes and slippers....a wonderful breakfast that would please any traveler. We also received a 10% discount as a guest of the hotel for their restaurant Villa Margherita.. Which was also a good choice. Very romantic with a view and excellent service and very good food. The wine we had was very good and well priced. The owner again stopped in to greet his guests. Very professionally run business with attention to detail. We liked the location as well...close to everything but quiet and romantic.

Room Tip: Request balcony room. We also wanted a room with a bath.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bucketbuster
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I enjoyed our one-night stay at Hotel Canasta very much. Being March, it's a down time for Capri so the hotel was pretty quiet. The location is a bit of a walk from Piazza Umberto (historic center of Capri), but down a pretty lane nonetheless and nicely secluded. One of the high points was the complimentary breakfast - a really good spread with fresh squeezed orange juice and marmalade. The rooms themselves were nicely appointed and the bed was especially comfortable. I recommend checking out the Gardens of Augustus, which is near the hotel. For dinner, check out Buca di Bacco. It's very reasonably priced for Capri and has a nice ambiance.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Canasta on my one night in Capri and I was very happy with my choice!

The hotel is located just a quick 5-10 minute walk from the main Capri Piazzetta. The room was clean, quite and the staff were so friendly and courteous. I enjoyed their breakfast spread very much. It was the best out of all the hotels we’ve stayed in Italy all week. Fresh fruit, meat, cheese, bread and so much more. Fresh squeezed orange juice and homemade marmalade was to die for! If I am lucky enough to return to Capri, I’d come back to Hotel Canasta.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Most people arrive at Capri via ferry, and in our case, a very rough ferry ride. I had thought we would take the funicular to the top and then walk to the hotel. Don't do it: take advantage of the luggage delivery service. Luckily, at the top, it's all downhill to the hotel, which is down a quiet little lane. The property is beautiful, with lots of potted lemon trees, nice public rooms, a pool, and a killer view from the terraces of our rooms. While the temperatures were too cold for us to enjoy the pool, we did soak up the sun on the terrace. Capri can get very crowded in season, and this hotel is just on the fringe - close enough to enjoy restaurants and shops but also secluded enough to enjoy some solitude. Rooms are comfortable with unique tiled floors and bath. The terrace was almost as large as the room and had chaises, chairs and a table, not to mention a view of the ocean. I would stay here again just for the terrace and location.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple