“Rip off!”
Review of Bar Funicolare

Bar Funicolare
Ranked #85 of 121 Restaurants in Capri
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We sat here for an hour as we were hot and tired and just needed a drink. Ordered two limoncellos with soda water. We had a third afterwards. When I went in to pay, they charged us 39 euros. Fell for the trick of not being shown a menu first. We could have bought three bottles of limoncello for that. £12 a drink was a real con.

1  Thank Gerda B

Reviewed 24 April 2018

First let me start by saying the view here is absolutely beautiful! The food was a bit pricey but very good, I just felt very thrown back by the server, he was a good server as far as getting everything in a timely manner but I felt because we were not local we were definitely treated different then others and almost subbed and uncomfortable. But like I said he was a good server maybe he just needs to learn to smile and pretend he likes people : )

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Menu is expansive, no fuss and includes all the classics. However it is expensive, all the other places were packed so this was the only option, and we paid the price.. literally! Food was very nice and the waiters were very helpful despite our terrible Italian. Views are lovely and I agree with others that this is what you pay for, however it is worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I agree with FelixL's review. Magnificent views well worth the reward when you reach the top of Capri. We didn't eat here but we enjoyed a few Aperol Spritz which were the best we'd ever tasted - and they came with very good nibbles!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is a good bar, with amazing views over the bay of Naples. The drinks are expensive, but come with tasty nibbles.