All reviews lemon grove a sea view balcony room two single beds pushed together luxury shops lovely pool area restaurant bookings shower curtain perfect location housekeeping staff capri town delightful hotel third floor three night stay top floor rooms are large stayed for two nights special thanks
Reviewed 21 September 2015

This is a lovely hotel situated within a few steps from the main town of Capri, but far enough away for it to be quiet.

The rooms are certainly good enough for four star hotel. It was clean and tidy and overlooked the fabulous lemon grove.

The pool was pretty cold! Great on the days when it was very hot, but not so good on the cooler days.

There were two great things about this hotel - firstly the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. On arrival our bags were already in our room when we arrived - on Capri humans and luggage go separately - and everything we requested, we got. It was about a five minute walk from where you get dropped off from the transfer bus to the hotel. The whole of this area is pedestrianised - but you don't have to carry luggage because that's taken from the port for you. If its not included in your package, the hotel can arrange it for you.

And the second is the lemon grove. We went at exactly the right time of year when the lemons were at their best - but its absolutely wonderful to sit under the branches of the trees where its cool to read, have a coffee or lunch from the poolside bar.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the lemon grove
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
bwhotelsyrene, Proprietario at Hotel Syrene, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Dear Ms Sarah B,

Thank you for your excellent review.

I'm very glad that you have rated the Best Western Hotel Syrene, the facilities and our team so highly and we will certainly continue striving to deliver excellent service.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

This hotel was wonderful! My husband and I stayed here 4 nights late August/ early September. In the U.S, "Best Westerns" are not known to be nice hotels, but this Best Western is totally not your typical and very different!

Pros -
Great central location. Capri has lots of hills to walk and the location of this hotel was close to the restaurants and shops on the island. Literally outside the steps of the hotel, is the Moschino store and Hermes.
Wonderful staff. They are bilingual, very helpful offering accurate knowledge of any travel help you may need. The maid was even super sweet and friendly every time we saw her.
Beautiful area for the restaurant, it's outdoor under a ton of lemon trees, very cute.
Pool is small but very cute and family friendly.
Our room was very cute. You must remember that rooms in Capri are old fashioned to match the style and vibe of the island. So do not expect modern with plush feather beds. Our room was exceptionally clean and we had a wonderful room with a balcony facing the ocean.

Cons-
There was nothing we did not enjoy about the hotel. We did not get a chance to try their restaurant so I don't have much to say about that.

I WOULD recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone! We really loved it and would stay here every time we visit Capri.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank mrsbeachgoer
bwhotelsyrene, Proprietario at Hotel Syrene, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your great comments about the Best Western Hotel Syrene.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel!
I am also happy that you found our staff and service excellent, making your stay with us an unforgettable experience.

We most certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2015

The Best Western on Capri is a phenomenal value. The location is perfect (just steps from the fun terrace bar at the Quivisana Hotel) -- it is right in the middle of everything. The hotel grounds are beautiful -- the restaurant (which served excellent food!) sits in a lemon grove, the pool is big and was not crowded and the rooms and terraces are nice. In addition, the staff was very helpful -- completely on top of their game. I could not recommend this hotel more strongly.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Ms Ricedee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

We are all delighted to know that you had a wonderful time with us and that we managed to provide exemplary service your entire stay. Thank you for acknowledging the excellent service you received all round from the team. We are all thrilled to see you had a brilliant stay.

I am glad to hear that you also took advantage of our great location and all of its surroundings.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We had no idea Best Western had such nice hotels in their line of hotels. This hotel was a great value in Capri, with spacious rooms, ours had a balcony facing the ocean, that is real ocean not beach view, decent breakfast on an outside terrace, beautiful lemon treed covered patio where you can eat lunch and see into the swimming pool through a glass window. There are so many large and small areas in the hotel to sit and enjoy a book or the sunshine that are wonderfully decorated, I just wanted a day to sit and enjoy them. The staff was more than helpful. The only little hiccup was we asked for a coffee pot for the room 3 times, but it never came. But that would not stop me from staying here again.

Room Tip: Dont pay for the upgrade to get a water view. It's the ocean and very far
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SDFlipFlops
bwhotelsyrene, Proprietario at Hotel Syrene, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

We are all delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we all look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards from Capri

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

The staff were all amazing and helpful to all our needs, even when a grumpy lady in the room next to ours was screaming at them about pillows at 11pm who knows what her issue was but I politely asked her to have some respect for the staff and me as she interrupted my peaceful wine on my private balcony, she soon kept quiet. Loved the pool area and the food at the restaurant which has an amazing lemon tree canopy which was great as it was bloody hot when I was there. They offer towels for the pool and the beach which was helpful. If you go to Capri this is the place to stay

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Best Western Hotel Syrene.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind Regards from Capri