“Hidden Gem.”

Il Ritrovo Sorrento
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Il Ritrovo Sorrento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 290 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2012

After spending 2 weeks in Sorrento i was gutted that we only visited here on the day before leaving. Well worth a visit. Very popular with the locals.

1  Thank Spunkyonions

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Needed somewhere close by for dinner after checking in to our hotel about 8.30 in the evening, my daughter and I started walking and about 4 minutes later we opted for the first place we saw! It looked cosy and uncomplicated from outside so we took a chance, it was the perfect gamble. We were greeted by the lovely Gabriella who seated us and then handed us the menu. The food we ordered was delicious, wild boar ragu, pizza and a mozzarella & ham salad. We then met Massimo who was charming! Needless to say, in our 4 day trip, we ate there 3 times, preferring it to our hotel and other more expensive restaurants in the town. The best ravioli and gnocchi we have ever tasted! We definitely recommend you pay a visit! We would love to go back just for the food, hospitality and the limoncello.

2  Thank Rajni D
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed in Il Roseto which was very close to this restaurant. Probably not worth the walk from the town if you are staying in the town, but defo worth it if you are nearby.

We had a caprese salad and a ravioli to start with. The owner told us the pasta is freshly made on site! My boyfriend loved it and I enjoyed my salad! We then had a pizza each while watching a record breakers show on the tv with the other local customers and staff! There's no language barrier when looking at people do crazy things! Felt like a cozy, neighbourhood place and the prices were really reasonable! Finished off with their own homemade limincello, on the house, which was a nice touch!

Reviewed 4 November 2012

My family traveled to Sorrento last summer. After being there for twenty-four hours, one concern kept smashing at my skull again and again - despite the beautiful views everywhere, where was the culture? Where could I actually find a good restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere that was not invaded by elderly British tourists and their Rolls Royces? Well, it took some searching, but my parents stumbled across this restaurant online. And I'll be honest - I'm a harsh critic - but THIS was as authentic as italian restaurants get.

The Service -
Every time my family came here the service was nice and determined to please. We were served on the first night by a blindingly beautiful woman named Gabriella. The next two nights, Gabriella was accompanied by Massimo, an excellent waiter and a nice guy.

The Food -
The food couldn't have been better! Fresh pizza, unbelievable seafood, delicious steak, pasta with clams - you name it, they had it. It was all so good that we couldn't keep going back! Tutto perfetto!

Gold Person's bottom line - If you want to get away from the tourism and cameras and get to the truly italian stuff, go here. These people know what you're looking for - not overpriced food to shove into your mouth unwillingly - but truly delicious italian food of all types that will make your trip to Italy unforgettable no matter how long you live.

1  Thank GoldPerson
Reviewed 8 October 2012

followed trip advisor reviews, we ate here 3 days ago, just brillant. service is excellant, menu choice is good, atmosphere is beyound welcoming and the food is great. ordered fillet steak and a fish platter/grill, which had large prawns, mussels, cockles, large sword fish steak and two squid accompaned by chips and caprese salad, tasted and look good, portions excellant and priced well. it can be a little walk from the south side of sorrento and the road if you want to sit outside is busy, however i could not care less, please go and do mention tripadisor; he will really make the effort.
ps do not let the name of the place put you off, it is anything but a takeaway