“Loved it.”

Guemar Travel
Ranked #6 of 35 Food & Drink in Sorrento
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guemar Travel" SHORE EXCURSION AND TRANSFERS" English speaking drivers. Guemar Travel is a new company created by me Giulio a strong experience in the tourism industry gained through working in renowned tourist firms. Guemar Travel employs highly qualified people who will make your excursions unforgettable! Travelling with us means fun, relaxation, comfort and punctuality.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were picked up by Marco in a clean black Mercedes- good first impression and it gave me some piece of mind about what I signed up for. He was awesome and took us on the back roads of the Amalfi first. I really recommend this. I didn't really know what to expect. He took us to Ravello. We were picked up the next day by another driver. (I forgot his name.) We did have a bit of trouble with him getting us to places on time or showing up on time after looking at Paestum and missed the cheese tour that was recommended. We didn't really care. The restaurant at the cheese place was excellent. He took us down the Amalfi. We were in a van. I would have liked to have a car we could open the windows in. Also, I suggest (my fault for scheduling the trip in a certain order) go down the Amalfi NOT facing into the sun. Check the time of day. We were dropped at our hotel at Sorrento. (I loved it there.) They picked us up promptly the next morning and took us on a Zodiac boat around Capri with a bottle of Champagne. GO with the Zodiac! Much better than being stuck on a huge barge with a zillion people. The only thing is I wish we could have gone in the Blue Grotto. The water was too high. I am not sure how the tide works there. KNOW this, it is CROWDED!!!! You will be out there with LOTS AND LOTS of people. So, being on a tiny boat makes you feel a bit roomier. Totally worth the money to rent your own personal tour. Raphaela and Giovanni were great tour guides. Bring some snorkels. They dropped us off at a hotel for dinner. Great food. Then they picked us up and delivered us to the Capri port. We really did enjoy ourselves and Guemar is a great local company. USE THEM. Don't do it alone. They were dependable and were very professional. I got their name out of the blue on Trip Advisor btw.

All reviews
"return trip"
in 19 reviews
"spoke english"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 20 reviews
in 7 reviews
"wonderful tour"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was recommended by a friend. Both our transfer from Rome to Naples and the way back was great and enjoyable. The drivers were on-time, professional and friendly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Two couples traveling - one from Rome and one from Naples to Sorrento. The drivers were extremely professional and vehicles were great. Having someone waiting for you as your walk out of arrivals in air terminal makes for stress free arrival. Daniele drove our friends from Rome and he had provided great suggestions about for pizza (Panetteria-Pizzeria Franco was great!) and suggestions for sights to see. Also discussed tour options.

The transport from airport was so nice that we hired Daniele to drive us to Pompeii, take us to a winery for lunch on Mt. Vesuvio and then for a drive along the Amalfi Coast to Positano. Daniele always arrived early - we never had to waste a moment of our time in Sorrento. He had waters to start the day. The tour guide they arranged for Pompeii was terrific and the entire day was very relaxed and enjoyable. We were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery without worry about the road. Daniele was a true pro in driving the winding roads and making sure we were comfortable. He takes great pride in being a good host. See if you can get him to sing a song for you - you will not be disappointed.

Daniele also drove us from Sorrento to Rome at the end of our trip. He had to navigate a sudden downpour that made the roads a bit treacherous and we were again so thankful that we had such a good driver and did not need to worry about anything. By the time we arrived in Rome we felt like we were being dropped off by a good friend.

I very highly recommend Daniele if you are looking to have an enjoyable and stress free trip!

1  Thank ProudDad9
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Would very much recommend this company for getting you to and from Naples Airport. 90 Euros each way for 2.