“Good fun, highly engaging”

Cooking School La Cucina del Gusto by Chef Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "La Cucina del Gusto" - cooking school - is specialised in culinary vacations since 2002, providing cooking lessons, cooking vacations and culinary based programs throughout Sorrento and Amalfi Coast.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 28 June 2018

"great cooking"
in 3 reviews
"sorrento style"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
in 3 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 9 reviews
"learn how"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My wife and I did the 4 course cooking class with Carmen on Saturday evening and it was such a great experience. We had a lovely group of people and all had a great time, singing, talking, drinking and cooking. Unbeknownst to me until we arrived, but as I was the first of the group to book, I had actually chosen the menu. So I was a little apprehensive but other than a few issues (mainly squid related) everyone seemed to be ok with my choices. So we started making Ravioli from scratch which was then cooked altogether and served later on as the first of our 3 course meal. After we made the pasta, we filleted a sea bass and topped it with potato which was our main and then completely gutted and cleaned the squid. The squid was then cooked and served to us as a starter while we sat outside with a glass of wine. When we went back in we had our ravioli and sea bass fillets. We then made a tiramisu to finish the evening off. Overall it was a great experience with some lovely people and we learnt lots, I just wish all learning could be this much fun. Grazie Mille Carmen

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend if you’re traveling near Sorrento. We did it as a family and it reminds you of good times shared in family traditions cooking at home for the holidays. Carmen is a gem! She is entertaining, fun to be with and makes you feel like a real chef!! We loved everything we made and can’t wait to try our new skills at home.