Reviews (1 177)
1 177 results
All reviews infinity pool monks walk our honeymoon converted monastery stunning hotel amazing views welcome drink the cliff street level terrace overlooking hotel restaurant walk into town every hour perfect stay the hotel offers would highly recommend this hotel junior suite
331 - 336 of 1 177 reviews
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Perched on the side of the hill above the Amalfi marina is a special hotel with fantastic views. After arriving by any of a number of hair raising transit, the peace and quiet of the coverted convent was very welcome. The room we had was on the small side, as you would expect in a convent, but the view was spectacular. The concierge staff goes out of their way to help, though we didn't have as much care from the pool staff. The restaurant is an interesting Asian Fusion, so don't expect typical Italian cuisine.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Salvatore T, Direttore at NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

Dear Guest,
Let me thank you for posting your comment on the Experience at NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi.

Coming here is an Extraordinary Experince getting back into the past, felt all over the historical building with nowadays comforts and facilities.

I feel concerned that you were not able to experience our usual service level in all the hotel department reason for which I truly hope you will return to visit us.

Receive my kindest regards

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Sadly words fail me on the quality of our stay here. All I can say is that this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere in the world. The staff were excellent from the minute we arrived ,s special thanks to Fabia who made our stay so special. If I had one negative it would have to be on the restaurant which they say is an Italian Japanese infusion ...more confusion. However having said that I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. I for one will certainly be returning.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy B

Dear Guest,
Let me thank you for choosing the NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi for your stay on the Amalfi Coast and for spending your time on sharing your opinion.

What else could I expect after you define the Convento as “the best”.

I will personally compliment Flavia who has been able, on behalf of the whole staff, to make you feel special.

I feel concerned that our gastronomic offer does not meet your expectations nonetheless you will still be returning to visit us and we can’t wait to welcome you again.

Receive my warmest regards

Reviewed 7 July 2016

That is what all the guests said.
The Cloisters at the hotel was the perfect setting for a wedding. The dinner on the Walk of the Monks was perfect. The hotel staff were exceptional, especially Antonio, who made sure everything went smoothly. Nothing was too much trouble.
The views are spectacular from the terrace ( the pictures do not do them justice ).
Il Convento is not cheap but in my opinion worth every penny, we will definitely return next year for our anniversary.
Many thanks to Antonio and all the staff for helping make our wedding day so special.

Room Tip: As a converted Monastery some rooms are a little small. If your budget allows choose a room with a balcony or a terrace.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
It comes to me with great pleasure and satisfaction to read your gratitude and it’s for this that I thank you for sharing your happiness with the community of Trip Advisor.

The NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi is with no doubt the best place, perfect frame, and outstanding location for an unforgettable wedding.

Antonio, perfectly reflects the super positive attitude, care and dedication that we all have in the big family of NH Hotel Group.

Can’t wait to welcome you for your anniversary!

A presto

Reviewed 6 July 2016

everything about this hotel is fantastic - the view (stunning), the room (very comfortable bed, quiet,great bathroom,balcony, cool and modern decor, the staff (so friendly and helpful - couldn't do enough to make our stay perfect),the breakfast ( just too many great things to choose from).
Four of us stayed for a week and couldn't have had a better time.
We woke up every morning convinced we were in paradise.
restaurant recommendations were brilliant - there are so many good ones to choose from, but the staff were really knowledgable and happy to book a table for us - we were convinced we got better located tables because they had called.
rooms were a bit pricey but worth it and the drinks etc were average for the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms have sea views but ask for one with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Let me express my gratitude for your comment and for your appreciation of your stay at NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi.

It really pleases me that the whole experience at the Convento has reached your expectations and gone beyond, granting you and your friends unforgettable memories.

I totally agree with you, the staff is absolutely stunning, nothing is too much trouble and their love for guests shines all day long.

Return soon for another Extraordinary Collection Experience

Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We chose this hotel as our base for our week away to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

We were dismayed to learn that the pool wouldn't be open as it was too early in the season, but despite looking at other options in the area, we found nothing we liked the look of more - and we weren't disappointed in the least on arrival.

The hotel itself is a converted monastery, and retains a number of features from that which provide a lovely character and architecture.
The first thing to note is that whilst it's about a hundred meters from the sea, most of those meters are vertically upwards! This is not a problem however, as there is a lift from the road entrance, and further lifts, so that every level is accessible (I was recovering from a broken leg at the time, and strenuous walking was avoidable within the hotel.)
The hotel grounds contain rows of (the regionally ubiquitous) Limon trees - which are both picturesque and provide a lovely scent.
The cloisters provide some beautiful architectural features (which we used to our advantage during the photoshoot, arranged through the hotel.)
The chapel is a lovely classic feature too.

The rooms, based as they are on monks' cells, are not necessarily as large as one might find elsewhere, but they are well appointed and comfortable (easy to cause minor floods with the shower, though.)

The buffet breakfast each morning was very nice (as it's on the continent, take advantage and go continental style - the 'British' options were ... a good try... )

It's certainly worth having the renown taster menu whilst there. With the proximity of the sea, it shouldn't come as a shock that the majority of the courses are seafood based - but even if you're not a seafood fan, it's worth trying, as you'll be hard pushed to find a better time or place to see how well it can be done.

The staff were unfailingly helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I had planned on singling out a few by name - but in the end, there were just too many.

The town of Amalfi (which is within easy walking distance - or by the hotel's complementary shuttle if you prefer) is quite picturesque, and has a variety of options for eating out (kiosk type, small pizzaria, cafes and restaurants.)

WiFi coverage was a little patchy, but better in the communal areas.

We very much enjoyed our stay, and have every intention of returning when we have the chance.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard G

Dear Guest,
I am truly thankful for the detailed and positive evaluation you have made of your stay.

It is a great honor that you have chosen our resort to celebrate your anniversary and even more that your expectations have been granted.

The position of the hotel is for sure a privileged one, able to grant unique views and the steps up and down are considered a healthy open air workout before living fine gourmet experiences at our restaurant.

The fact that the names to mention were too many is a great satisfaction, it means that everyone you met impressed you and that, each single person that took part to your Experience was able to contribute positively and made you feel part of our big family.

you will be returning to the Amalfi Coast, The Convento waits for you!

Sincerely