All reviews reasonable size old city parking garage next morning terrace english steps lobby bedroom cheese
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Spent one night here on our way to Matera. It was a decent hotel with the basic amenities. Check in was easy (and was made easier by the front desk clerk who spoke a bit of english). Parking was close to the hotel (about a 3 minute walk) and was only 12 euro. Easy to reach by car and centrally located to some great restaurants. We had one drink in the hotel bar, but they were short staffed so took nearly 20 minutes to get our order in. By the time we got our drinks we had to rush them to make our dinner reservation.

The room was small but manageable. We were surprised by the two single beds. The hallways stink of smoke (i'm a non smoker) so that was unpleasant, but the rooms weren't too bad. Walls between rooms are very thin and we could hear our neighbours alarm going off several times the next morning.

Breakfast the following morning was nice enough for a good start to the day - though the terrace wasn't open so we couldn't enjoy the view.

If you don't have very high expectations and you need somewhere for a quick and cheap layover towards another destination, I would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Located right in the city center, the hotel has excellent services and very friendly staff. The room was very clean and the hotel provides a decent breakfast (for an Italian hotel) on a terrace with beautiful view.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Considering that Potenza is a non-tourist area, in this hotel service in English was fluent and easy, and of course friendly. Good location near centre. Smallish rooms at least in 7th floor, but with a balcony and good view towards South. Weak wifi, and only basic breakfast.

Room tip: If you have a head for the heights, choose 7th floor room with a balcony
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

A warm welcome is always a good sign.Outside it was bitterly cold but the heating was on full in this hotel, unlike some of the others during my 12 days travelling around Italy
Perfectly nice room with all the things a business travel would expect,including fuss free good internet connection with no ridiculous passwords (other hotels take note).
For an Italian hotel breakfast was very good. Fresh cheese, good quality ham and fruit and fresh coffee brought to the table. All the usual breakfast items were there
My only gripe, especially that I was here on business, was the noise from other rooms. Nobody could have predicted that I would be woken at 1.30 am by s couple of Italian men having a conversation at full volume outside my door, which woke me up, and then proceeded to
carry on the heavy discussion in the bedroom next door! But there is definitely a problem with soundproofing. I knew exactly when each and every one of my neighbours was visiting the bathroom!
But I would be more than happy to return, I just hope for an undisturbed sleep!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Hotel provides really good service, staff is always pleasant and it really feels that they good at their job. Another important thing is that the staff speaks good English. It's close to the city center. And all in all I enjoyed my time in the hotel

Date of stay: November 2016