“Through the eyes of someone who loves Italy”

Guide to Italy - Your Private Driver Guide
Ranked #4 202 of 6 599 Tours in Italy
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My family drove with Antonio about 3 years ago, and not a conversation about travel goes by that his name is not mentioned. Last week I had the joy to be shown around Tuscany through Antonio's eyes. He is a wonderful man, who loves what he does and knows an immense about his country, Italy. I am 22 years old, and for the rest of my life, I will go to Antonio first for when I travel to Italy. He knows the best places to stop and eat, get a wonderful cappuccino. He also was so patient with our family, because we did a little too much shopping, but he stuck with us. He cracked jokes with myself and my brother, and showed us things I never thought I'd see.

I am very grateful to have met Antonio and to hear what all the fuss has been about for all these years. A sweet sweet man who is always ready to show you his world. I highly recommend Antonio for your visit to Italy.

1  Thank Tia L
Reviewed 9 July 2016

We only had one day to see all the highlights of Rome and Antonio made it happen. We went to the Catacombs, Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Palatine Hill, and at The Vatican we went to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. We skipped all the lines everywhere we went and got right in. He also took us to the top of a hill to see the entire city, and at the end he took us to his favorite gelato shop. Antonio was very knowledgeable of every place we went. He is very friendly and helpful and we had an absolute wonderful time with him. The only way to see Rome is with Antonio by your side.

Reviewed 31 January 2016

It was our final day in Florence and we woke up at the crack of dawn, we ate and prepared to meet our driver and tour guide for mulitiple days during our remaining time in Italia. My sister, Mom, Dad and myself were all very excited to meet the person that would be part of our journey through gorgeous Italian country side, of meeting beautiful people and making the most wonderful memories of our lifetime. We started by meeting David. He seemed nice and very fit. Very easy, very impresive and well worth the time. Thank goodness we had our new friend with us! He saved us from standing in the wrong line and wasting the better part of our morning.
Our driver, Antonio Pica, was a charming man with seemingly endless knowledge of Italy and it's history. He guided us through, San Gimignano, a walled city that took us back in time with little shops placed in what used to be horse stables. He braved the 218 steps with me to the top of the tower to take in beathtaking views of rolling hills and vineyards. He took us through chianti region to have lunch and wine tasting at Sant' Angnes Castellini, Chianti. This is a 5th generation family owned establisment with wine, 30 year old basamlic vinegar and olive oil. The lunch was all homemade by the family themselves and served in a cozy cottage parlor. If you love tradition, family, great food and wine, visit them if you have the chance. You won't be disappointed.

Did I mention it is was cold, rainy and windy all day? Antonio was prepared throughout the day with umbrellas and always thought ahead to where we would have to walk ( uphill, steps, wet streets, etc.) Due to some faulty knees, we weren't all able to brave the steep hills and many steps that sometimes became part of the day. Antonio took this into consideration and tried to find alternate routes. It was wonderful to feel that he genuinely cared about us as friends that we was showing around his country versus just another carload of clients. Thank You to Antonio for keeping us safe and sound as we traveled and explored all these breathtaking destinations.

Reviewed 10 September 2014

My husband and I were In Rome in August and were fortunate enough to engage the services of Antonio Pica. He is a fabulous guide .... speaks English clearly and well, has a tremendous knowledge of Roman history and architecture, and knows a lot of little known facts about people, places and things in Rome. We did a 6 hour Vatican tour with him one day. We bypassed the long lines and got right into the Vatican Museum. He did not rush us to get through and allowed us to spend as much time as we wanted in each of the areas of the Vatican. He climbed the steps of St. Peter's to the top with us and then became our "photographer". We also used him for a 1/2 day tour of Rome. He picked us up in a Mercedes van and we hit all the major attractions of the city. Again, we bypassed the long lines and got right into each of the various attractions. He even took us to one of his favorite places for gelato! Antonio is personable and friendly and was well worth every Euro it cost us to use him. I would recommend him to anyone wanting to see and hear about Rome and would definitely use him if we went back again.