“A 'perfick' break”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

M10ELL
Wickford, United Kingdom
“A 'perfick' break”
Reviewed 20 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Originally we were just looking for a large house to accommodate 6 adults and 3 children when we came across Darling Buds Farm, as fans of the show back in the nineties we knew this was the place for booking a surprise 40th Wedding anniversary break with family.
We were not disappointed, a beautiful farmhouse lovingly (and I suspect painstakingly) restored with rooms full of authentic furniture, crockery and accessories. Exceptionally clean and well stocked, we wanted for nothing - plenty of cleaning items, a couple of tea towels cutlery and utensils. The little ones will love the garden with bridges over the stream and the ducks who are quick to realise guests are in residence, and literally 'knock' at the door come breakfast time. A large lounge with a huge wood burner warmed a drizzly weekend. We visited the rare breed centre while we were here for a great day out with younger children.
Everyone I had contact during booking were extremely helpful with any queries we had. Just a bit of info if you want the hot tub you need to give a few days notice, I didn't spot this so entirely my bad.
Darling Buds Farm has recreated the setting and fully captured the sprit of the 'perfick' life...now if you could just make the sun shine?

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Large Group
Terry T
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Darling Buds Farmhouse – Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed 22 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I am big fan of the Darling Buds of May series (particularly Catherine Zeta Jones!), and being able to book and stay in the very farm where the series was filmed was a fantastic event for me.

I booked the Farmhouse for me and my family to coincide with the historic Classic Car Show, which is held every July at the farm’s surrounding fields. If you love old classic vehicles, as I do then this show is well worth a visit and if you stay at the farm, it’s only a 2 minute walk to the main arena!

However, unlike the delightful TV series, where the farm was rather run down, the owner Simon, has refurbished to a very high standard all the farm buildings and surrounding landscape. Although, I had viewed everything regarding the farm on the website, it was a sheer pleasure to drive in to this historic landmark and witness for myself!
My family and I was greeted and made very welcome by the housekeeper Michelle and shown around the spacious Farmhouse and the farm too. Everything in the Farmhouse was spotless, but also homely and we really liked that the rooms were themed by the character names of the series.

Downstairs there is a large lounge-diner, kitchen and utility, which are excellently equipped with all the modern amenities you could think of. The rear very large private garden and has a big patio and beautiful water features too. Everything was well maintained and accessible. I and my partner were very impressed with the log fireplace in the lounge and thought during the colder months this would be a very welcoming feature. Definitely a reason for another future stay!

The provision of internet access was a great benefit to us all.

Overall the Farmhouse has 5 themed clean and fresh bedrooms with very comfortable beds and can actually sleep up to 10 people, the downstairs bedroom can be set up a twin or double beds. With the 6 of us, including 2 grandchildren, we had a bedroom to spare. Upstairs there are 3 double bedrooms with on suite bathrooms and a family bathroom. All this at a very reasonable rate!

An additional benefit of staying at the farm is the array of animals kept. We all particularly enjoyed the donkeys and Lammas.

So, overall this was a 5 star experience for us all and at a great price too. I would happily highly recommend this beautiful Kent venue and in particular the Farmhouse we stayed in, even if you are not such a big fan of the Darling Buds of May series as I am.

Terry

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything, the whole experience!
Liked least: Can't think of anything
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Natalie M
“Our Wonderful Holiday”
Reviewed 15 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We arrived at the farm and were greeted by Michelle the house keeper who gave us a tour of the house and surrounding area. She even lent us copies of the TV series to watch.
The house was spotless and decorated beautifully with big windows looking out onto the stunning countryside.
All the beds were clean and comfortable and the bedrooms have ample storage. The ensuits are spacious and the showers are powerful, there is also a family bathroom with a jacuzzi bath.
The kitchen has everything you need to cook big family meals and it also has a dishwasher and washer dryer.
We had plenty of clean towels and extra for the hot tub.
The garden is large with a pond and little bridges. Which my 5 year old daughter loved to explore and play hide and seek in. We had our own group of ducks which came to the door for bread in the mornings. Just over the fence were sheep, lamas and donkeys.
The farm is so quiet and peaceful and everyone we met was so helpful.
The Orchard just across the driveway has picnic tables and is lovely to sit in and read.
Michelle the housekeeper was always on hand if we needed anything and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed and wanted.
The surrounding area has lots to do with a deer park next door, lovely towns and the steam railway close by. My daughter loved the railway and the town of Rye. The local village shop has a Banksy outside too.
This has truly been a wonderful holiday and has given us lovely memories to treasure forever. Listening to the birds singing and the farm animals what more could you ask for? I cannot wait to come back.

Natalie

Liked best: the 1950s decor
Liked least: There was nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing