Reviews (2 204)
2 206 results
1 025
1 025
All reviewssmall squaregreat locationold towntop floorlovely squarelounge barthe upper floorsrecommend this hotelbreakfast roomshower doorsuperior roomthe heart of the citywithin walking distancegood sizecentral locationbreakfast is servedthree nights
22 - 27 of 2 206 reviews
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The hotel is in a great location, just off a main street in the old town. My room was spacious, with a very comfortable bed, and lots of wardrobe space. The toilet was a bit dated, but the shower was okay. Everything was fine, except that you could not borrow an iron, but had to pay for laundry services instead. This was not convenient in the summer at least where one has to iron nearly everything (e.g. dresses and tops), hence the 4 stars.

Room Tip: Refurbish the toilet ...
Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
A_Community_Manager, Director de Recepción at Ayre Hotel Astoria Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Mepla,

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us at Astoria Palace.

We are pleased to hear that you are pleased with our position and room.

We hope to see you again in the future with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

We stayed here on a recent city break to Valencia and from the moment we arrived until our departure we were most impressed with this hotel and it's staff. We arrived just prior to lunchtime on the Monday and received a free upgrade to a suite - result!
The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was always spotless during our 3 day stay. We were on a room only basis so can't comment on the food but due to the hotel's central location there were dozens of cafes nearby for a good breakfast.
We have already recommended this hotel to two othe groups who are going to Valencia later this year.

Room Tip: Stay during the week - you may get an upgrade.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
A_Community_Manager, Director de Recepción at Ayre Hotel Astoria Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Mr. Ian F,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are pleased that your expectations were met.

In your next visit, please contact me directly, I would like to attend you personally.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

We had, as always booked a room with a double bed and was offerred a twin room. After a bit of complaining they siad one might be available in 20 mins so would we be prepared to wait. When we sat down to wait in reception the room miraculously became available. This seemed to be common practice in Spain so apart from this little dance with reception the hotel was fabulous. Great room, lots of space and a very comprehensive breakfast buffet with a view over the city.

Room Tip: If offerred a differemnt type of room, persist.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
A_Community_Manager, Director de Recepción at Ayre Hotel Astoria Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear snglo2018,

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us at Ayre Astoria.

We are pleased to hear your fabulous words about our Hotel.

We hope to see you again soon in Valencia.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Public spaces are clean and modern. Prices are about right for the offering. Be aware though that they do hold regular functions and the continual scraping of chairs on level nine kept us awake until the early hours on more than one occasion. With this in mind do not accept a room on level 8 or level 1 above the bar. Otherwise very good although the rooms are a bit tired. Chipped mirrors, sink plugs that leak, single pillows.
We would still stay again though as it is very clean and the staff work very hard.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
A_Community_Manager, Director de Recepción at Ayre Hotel Astoria Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Steve B,

First of all, many thanks for taking some time to leave your feedback.

As you comment, last weekend we had some noise from 9th floor. It is unusual, so, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may caused.

If you come back to Valencia, please, contact me and I will attend you personally.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 27 June 2018

First off, the hotel was excellent to begin with. Friendly staff, great location, good breakfast, nice rooms, great value,

Now for the unusual part of the story. My wife suffered a heart attack (unexpected given no history and she in her late 50s) on our second night here. I contacted reception and they got a doctor to come to the room very quickly, My wife was quickly taken to the hospital by ambulance. Subsequently, the staff did everything in their power to help and allowed my wife and I to focus on her recovery. Some hotels I've been in would be inflexible or even take advantage of this situation. Not at Ayre Hotel Astoria -- they could not have been kinder of more generous.

The manager, Jose Enrique gave me his personal cellphone number and told me to contact him for anything. He related to me that he had had a similar medical issue at one point and was sympathetic. Jesus, from the desk was also remarkably helpful as was all the rest of the staff including housekeeping.

I am truly touched by how much these individuals cared about our situation. From the bottom of my heart I cannot thank the Ayre Hotel Astoria staff enough. These are wonderful, kind, caring people. I feel very lucky to have met them and that I chose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank raytayii

Dear raytayii,

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us at Astoria Palace.

We hope your wife is getting better and can come back to visit us again soon.

It was truly a pleasure to try to help you, and I am very relieved that everything was okay.

Thank you very much for your kind words and please give my love to your wife.

Have a nice summer and see you soon.

Yours sincerely,