“Do not whatever you do go into this restaurant!”
Review of Bacco D.O.C.

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: La Seu
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We ordered starters which we waited considerable time for as we were the only two people in the restaurant! As soon as the waiter took away our plates our main courses were put in front of us , my carbonara was so cheesy and thick with cream and my husbands steak a fillet aparantly looked like a beaten piece of shoe leather. We told the waiter that the steak was over done and the food had been bought out far too soon he took it away and I ordered a risotto which he told me would be 20 minutes I said that was fine we then waited over an hour and sat and watched a group of ladies who had ordered pizza battle to cut through the dough ! When our food arrived my husbands steak was the same steak he had been served before re-heated and my risotto was disgusting i told him we wouldn’t be eating it and we would pay for our starters and drinks please get us the bill he tried charging us for it all , my husband said the steak is rubbish he said you ordered it and tried arguing the point ! I have never seen my husband so angry the arrogance of the man was so rude and unprofessional do not go to this place at all cost bad food bad service and overpriced !!!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We found this by chance one afternoon & walked a long distance back in the evening because the menu looked excellent.
We were not disappointed.
The setting is very different but we liked it. Great couples restaurant.
We had a set menu. 3 tapas to start, mussels, mozzarella & tomato, beef carpaccio. We then had sea bream with vegetables. We shared a delicious almond cake for dessert.
Service was excellent. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Great food great staff, very stylishly decorated restaurant. A little gem in a side street. Very reasonable prices and good wine. We had a lovely evening here, the staff were friendly and could not do enough to give us a lovely evening...thank you.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Looks pretty from the outside, once inside it doesnt snel right. Employee doesnt speak English. We had the menu of the day, salad good, sister had Provolone, should be with tomatoes and grilled cheese, served only as grilles cheese. Our salad should have had tuna in iT according to the waiter. No tuna :(
Main courses was good, but looked bit prelaten in advance and tasted somewhat weird. Dessert 3 choices, waiter couldnt explain the choices, we orderded 1 of each. One was just 8 pieces of pineapple on a plate. Menu was only 14,95, you know thats cheap. But still with the creaties ambiance you expert something still. High turnover place with prepared food or ready from the box served

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Average food (If it arrives)
Average prices
Average staff
Terrible service
Long waits
A comedy of errors

On discovering this restaurant by accident, which you will almost certainly do, as it’s situated down a back alley past some fire escapes, you’ll be bowled over by its bohemian styling and fancy nature. You’ll be greeted at the door and showed to your seat. Inside is a cave-like theme with badly over-done artex on the ceiling and pillars that appear to have been fire damaged. Impressive none the less. The restaurant seems to be held over three floors with piss-poor lighting, to read the menu you’ll probably need your ‘readers’ out.
Read it you will, order it you won’t.....soon anyway. You’ll be lucky if you even get a drink. I perused the menu and saw other customers becoming impatient, as I soon realised the service was poorer than the lighting. Eventually a waiter came to the table and we were able to order drinks. Sadly after a ‘Basil Fawlty - Manuel style’ argument in broken English/Spanish I wasn’t allowed a Sangria unless I ordered 1 litre so settled for a Fanta, my friend wasn’t allowed a Desperado or an Agua De Valencia cocktail and settled for a Heniken that he didn’t order. The comprehensive menu offered great choice.....most of which you probably aren’t allowed for some reason. When the drinks turned up I ordered a Carbonara and a ‘hand-sliced’ ham starter. The latter of which the waiter did not believe was on the menu until I pointed it out. A short time later my friends starters arrived and they promptly finished it with no complaints. Around 10 minutes later and concerned for the status of my ham starter I asked the waitress where my starter was. Apparently there is only one person who is able to cut the ham and he had been busy with other tasks......after gesturing towards the toilets I was left uncertain if this was where he was cutting the ham or where the other tasks had taken place. I tried to cancel the starter but was told I can’t as he was mid-slicing. The ham arrived and all was well as it was a dish big enough to share.
Some time later the main dish arrived. My friends pork and my carbonara at least. The other ‘two’ dishes to the table arrived as a sharing dish with both rabbit and snails inclusive of the Paella.....both of which had been specifically omitted from the order using genuine Spanish words such as ‘solo chicken’ ( only chicken) or ‘sin snails’ ( no snails ).
The order was challenged and the waitress told us ‘this is Valencia’......unsure what this had to do with anything we showed her a snail to settle the argument. After asking who took the order the eronious dish was removed with much speed and a plate could be heard smashing in the kitchen......I imagine during an argument with the waiter who took the order. Meanwhile other customers were seen leaving the restaurant in an angry and frustrated state.
After about five minutes I received a knife and fork and was able to tackle the carbonara which I am able to report was destinctly average. My friends did not receive a replacement paella, and after a short argument received a 5 Euro discount on the outstanding bill before heading to a nearby shop selling chips with chile sauce.
In short - if you have five hours to pass, enjoy an argument in broken English, love average tasting food, appreciate poor service, prefer drinking out of glasses with
lip marks, enjoy the excitement of seeing whether you’ll get what you ordered or not.....this is the place for you!!

2  Thank Chris1435