US$146
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$220
Reviews (1 930)
1 930 results
1 285
1 285
All reviewsfree busgolf buggynight safarielephant enclosurebunk bedsfamily holidayunlimited accessmeat restaurantsea lionsinfinity poolexotic meatskids clubfridge was stockedadult entertainmentsmaller restaurantbranded drinksmain bedroom
29 - 34 of 1 930 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you have children this is a must, great water-park and zoo as part of staying in the resort, saving you 80 euro a day if you where to go to both parks. easy access to Benidorm on free shuttle, our little one also loved the evening kids disco.

Stayed: September 2017
3  Thank Martyn T
MagicNatura, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Magic Natura Animal, Water Park & Polynesian Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We appreciate your review very much and would love to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I arrived here with my husband & 5 year old son on 12 June 2018. We flew with Jet 2 which was a great experience. I will try to give a fairly in-depth review to answer most of the questions which I had before travelling.

Our lodge was not ready upon arrival, however we went for lunch and received a call around half an hour later to say that we could collect the keys. This was around 2pm. The receptionist was very informative & also took my card details incase of any damages. No money was taken from my account. There were also drinks & snacks awaiting us at reception.

First impressions of our lodge were amazing! We had been upgraded to one of the new lodges next to reception, and had been placed within a 2 bedroom instead of a 1 bedroom. The lodge was plenty big enough for the 3 of us, and also had an outdoor area with table and chairs, plus swinging seat. The bathroom was shared between the 2 bedrooms, and the lodge had the usual amenities such as air con, fridge & hairdryer. The fridge was stocked on arrival with water, cans of juice & a bottle of Cava. The tv's had a few english channels, including CBeebies for the kids.

The lodges were cleaned daily, however there was a few times where I wasn't happy with the standard. Certain days we didn't receive a new bottle of water, and my husband had to chase more tea, coffee etc as these had not been replenished. The floors were not swept or mopped daily, and there was a few occasions where the housekeeper stormed into our bedroom whilst we were still in bed. This was around 8.45am so no chance of a lie in for us.

The food was very good we thought. Yes there was times that it could have been warmer, but I do appreciate that it must be difficult to keep mass produced food piping hot. There were queues at times, but again, there was a lot of people on the resort so this was to be expected. As another review has noted, the layout of the dining room could be improved, so this may affect the queues in future. It was very frustrating constantly hunting for butter at each mealtime as it was in a different place each time. Placing it next to the bread may be a better solution.

We found the kids selection at mealtimes good, as our very fussy son always had something to eat. However dishes such as tomato pizza, chicken nuggets & fish fingers should be available on more nights to give fussy children more of a selection. As it is a family resort, there was a lot of children & noise in the dining room each night. This was perfectly fine with us, but what was annoying was the amount of families who allow their young children to carry plates of food & try to organise their own meals. They looked far too young, and this resulted in a lot of smashed plates / glasses & tantrums. Also young children running around whilst you are trying to walk back to your seat with your food. This is no fault of the resorts of course, but the parents.

The entertainment was very poor. Absolutely no atmosphere around the pools - no music or animation team to involve you in games etc. Entertainment at night consisted of the kids disco from 8.30 until 9pm. This was the same each night we went, so after 10 nights it was grating on us slightly. The musical acts / magician were abysmal. The Michael Jackson act was literally just dancing to backing music and you couldn't hear Lady Gaga sing at all. The best of a bad bunch was the Abba tribute as you could actually hear her singing and get involved. The entertainment finished at 10pm, and then Just Dance was put on a large screen for the kids to dance along to. The odd night there was bingo, and we saw karaoke once, but again we couldn't hear anything as the mic seemed to be down too low. We were so lucky that my son met friends, as did we, otherwise it really would have been a long 10 nights and we would have had to have gone into Benidorm.

The bus to Benidorm was ok, however it can get very busy so I would advise going down to wait around 20mins beforehand as a lot of people were left disappointed. There are 3 stops, however we got off at the first as it was in the middle of everything. This took around 30 mins from the hotel. We ended up getting a taxi back and this only cost 9 euros.

The pools were good, although they are a lot smaller than the photographs. I've saw a lot of reviews stating they were too cold, but I found them fine as did my son. It was quite refreshing due to the hot weather. One thing I will say is that I have never saw so many wasps surrounding a pool area before. They were everywhere. I ended up stung 9x by the same wasp, but I'm just glad that it was me and not my son or another child. This really needs to be looked at by the hotel as it's very off-putting and dangerous in terms of allergies etc. The pool bars were excellent, very efficient and staff were friendly. We didn't have a snack, however it would have been nice if the pool bars served hot food as there were days where we didn't really fancy a huge lunch. Some lifeguards were very strict & wouldn't allow inflatables or balls into the pool, whilst others did. This was frustrating as the kids got upset as they had been allowed to do it the day before, yet were told the following day they couldn't due a change of staff member. Consistency please!!

The Zoo is huge and it took us 3 days to see it all. We just took a section each time. The animals were great, and looked well-fed & plenty of space for them to move around.

The Waterpark was also good, however my son was too short to go on the slides. He was devastated as he had been so looking forward to it. He was short by a couple of cms and was going down them with his dad, so why this wasn't allowed I don't know. Similarly, no balls or inflatables allowed yet you can hire theirs for 4 euros. We used the restaurant upstairs - it wasn't the best quality or portion size, and the queue was quite long. We ended up buying drinks from the kiosks as with your discount, it worked out a good bit cheaper and preferable to walking up and down lots of stairs for small plastic cups. We used the bus down to the waterpark a few times, but walked back up to the hotel through the zoo.

We did have one poor experience which has unfortunately tainted my impression of the hotel. We had booked into the Meat Restaurant for our last night at 8pm with reception. We arrived to be told that we didn't have a reservation as reception should have issued us with a receipt which they didn't. We then walked back to reception to be told that there was no space to fit us in, therefore we would not have been able to have used the restaurant before we left. I made a complaint, and was asked by the receptionist if 8.30pm would be ok as "it was an inconvenience". Sorry, but when reception haven't followed the procedure correctly then how are we, the paying customer, an inconvenience? A table was found and drinks were ordered. The incorrect drinks arrived, along with my sons meal. Myself & my husband then waited 45mins for our shared starter - this was only brought after speaking to the waiters on numerous occasions. This then led to the waiters and chef clearly being very annoyed with us. My son was finished his meal by the time the shared starter arrived, and it was a different meal to what everyone else received. At this point, we chose to leave and head back to reception to make a formal complaint as it was now 9pm and we still had not ate. Reception were very unhelpful and stated they would inform the restaurant manager (who was there whilst all this was going on). So we essentially paid for a service which we could not use. Customer service is the key within a hospitality environment, and reception did not handle the situation well at all.

Although we had an excellent stay, I am unsure as to whether we would return due to the value for money. We paid £2500.00 for a 10 night stay, and the price has gone up considerably for next year. With the lack of entertainment, I personally don't feel that I can justify this price. Hopefully management will address this, as many reviews have mentioned the poor entertainment for quite some time, and this has clearly not been addressed so far. If this is sorted, then I would have no issue returning.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank lolly22_11

Dear lolly221_11,

Thank you very much for writing a revier regarding your stay with us at Magic Natura Polynesian Lodge Resort.

We really appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic family resort.
We stayed with our boys (7 & 10) for 7 days and it wasn’t long enough.... On arrival we were checked in promptly and escorted to our lodge by a lovely bell boy in a golf buggy. We were very fortunate to be staying in one of the new lodges. It was clean and tidy with a complimentary mini bar. The room was cleaned to a high standard daily. Size wise it wasn’t enormous but we didn’t go on holiday to spend the week in a lodge. There are a few hills which we didn’t mind, with younger kids I’d definitely recommend the mini bus that runs every 10 mins. The food was good, a wide variety to choose from, there are 3 restaurants - all serving the same food but made for plenty of space. Staff were happy and friendly. The water park and zoo were all included in our package and we really enjoyed both, some of the pool rules are a bit odd but nothing too bad, there were games and dances/exercises at the water park too, which the kids enjoyed. In the zoo you do have to pay for the food, however, it connects to the resort via (America) and you can literally walk to the food hall, have your fill of your all inc and then walk back into the zoo. Entertainment wise the main area for evening entertainment was very busy unless you got there really early, but there are plenty of other areas to sit in the evenings. We had a lovely family holiday and would definitely go back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Kara B

Dear Kara B,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay with us at Magic Natura Polynesian Lodge Resort.

We appreciate your kind words very much and are glad to see you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrival- On arrival to the hotel we was unimpressed with the length of time having to wait to get checked in (25minutes) once checked in the swipe cards to use the lift had not been activated so that was another 10 minutes of waiting.
Accomodation- Once in the room, the room was tidy and clean and fully stocked. Sheets where clean and bathroom was in a nice clean state.
Resteraunt- the eating times where fair with plenty of time to get in and sat down and selection of cuisine was excellent. Loads of choices every night and everything was beautifully cooked to perfection!
Pool area- plenty of areas to lay down and relax, however get up early to throw a towel on your loungers. There are signs to say you can’t reserve the loungers but this isn’t enforced. Poolside is very clean and well maintained and safe enough for the little ones.
Entertainment - for us this was the low point of the holiday, the entertainment in the evenings was ok at best, the dance shows would of been more entertaining watching the kids do the hokey dokey! And each night the same Cd would get played, boring! The day time games was predictable with no change. Bit boring after a few days.
Departure - early morning departure for us so it was a quick check out so not much to write on this..........maybe would of been nice if there was a small snack available to those early morning departures?
Overall we had a good holiday (family of 8) plenty to do and the kids enjoyed it. The entertainment was a bit of a let down but the company helped pick it up.
I’d go back again, but at least I’d be prepared to go out at the night times.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Stuart F

Dear Stuart F,

Thank you for the time spent on reviewing your stay with us at Magic Natura Polynesian Lodge Resort.

We appreciate your review very much.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

just had a weeks holiday here in mid june with my wife in a 1 bedroom lodge. resort is very clean and tidy staff are all helpfull and polite. food was lovely fresh and plenty to choose from. having access to the zoo and waterpark for the entire stay included in our package was great. food and drinks are all inclusive in the water park too as is the sunbed hire usually 4 euros a day. ideal place to take your children plenty to keep them busy. resort is quite hilly but they even put on buses or buggies for those that may need it and will also drop you off to the water park. you will also have a free shuttle to and from benidorm center. the only negative for me was the beds we found them quite uncomfortable at times but didn't let it spoil our holiday. overall i would recommend this resort for families of all ages

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank mark r

Dear mark r,

Thank you so much for the time spent on writing a review regarding your stay with us at Magic Natura Polynesian Lodge Resort.