Reviews (3 331)
1 428
1 146
1 428
1 146
All reviews western bar explorers bar pool view restaurant manager plenty of choice head waiter tropical bar every night tv remote morgans tavern air con great holiday reception staff something for everyone room card tribute acts great entertainment
187 - 192 of 3 331 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We spent 10 nights at the Ambassador playa 1. Having read some great reviews about the hotel we expected great things, but we're sorely disappointed. While I admit I did not check the room details until a couple of days before we travelled. I was shocked that in 2018 a fridge is not supplied to each room. How antiquated they are. I learned that Hotels Benidorm don't supply them but rent them as an added cost. I am a diabetic and need a fridge for my insulin. As I did not arrive till 2am even though the rep at Newcastle rang ahead to arrange the fridge I was told I would need to wait till the next day.
First full day before setting foot outside the hotel forked out 69 euros for fridge safety deposit box and tv remote. we also learned a few days later that bath mats are available if you ask. In this culture of compensation claims for holiday illnesses etc. shouldn't hotels protect themselves by supplying all rooms with bath mats automatically.
Then there was the food, breakfast eggs ok the rest disgusting, I honestly believe there was no meat in those sausages. Lunch and dinner unless there was a roast all the meat tasted the same as they were all in sauce and impossible to tell what it was. Vegetables were so over cooked they were mushy and grey. Potatoes were horrible all roasts and jackets were smothered in paprika and mash mixed with olive oil instead of butter "yuk". There were no drinks i.e. tea or coffee available except at breakfast. If you wanted water you had to buy it.
During our stay we chatted with other guests one woman described the food as bad school dinners. We also spoke to friends staying elsewhere we hear that if you stay at a hotels Benidorm hotel you have to pay extra for everything. So stay at a Servicegroup hotel everything is included even a bath mat.

Also if you have an early flight don't expect the resort check in according to the rep in Benidorm it's not viable to take the luggage for early flights. It's to early for them to collect.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank margierich2018
RMG-Benidorm, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Ambassador Playa I & II, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Dear margierich2018,
Thank you for your thoughts on your recent stay , We are sorry to hear that our popular Hotel did not meet your expectations. What you did forget that to mention was that the deposit which you left for the key of the safety deposit boxes and remote control is fully refundable at the end of your stay upon returning the key. As from the 1st July you are not required to leave a refundable deposit for the TV remote controls. We also have a fridge behind our reception desk for anyone wishing to keep there medication in there which is manned 24 hrs.The is a sign in every bathroom on the mirror offering a plastic shower mat. Towelling bath mats are already placed in every Bedroom together with clean towels on a daily basis when the rooms are serviced .We offer a grand variety of food on our buffet it is a shame nothing was to your liking. We have international buffet catering for all tastes and we are proud to say that our food scores are very high. Our Head waiter is there in the dining room on hand to help anyone should they have any issues in the restaurant and will always find a solution. Although you won't be returning to our Hotel we hope that you will return to Benidorm as we have the perfect weather, beaches and entertainent which is fabulous. Benidorm it is a wonderful holiday Resort.
Regards
Head of Guest Relations Team

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my mate stayed a week in 2 19/06/18.first of all you got to understand it's right on the edge of the strip so can be a little noise in early hours if your near westerner bar next to 2. The rooms are cleaned daily with clean towels daily.our room was spotlessly cleaned every day.breakfast has the usual meat n cheese,toast,juices,full English.lunch and dinner has something for everyone and well cooked too.all in all a great choice of food.how anyone can say different is beyond me.the only downfall of restaurant is that you pay for water (small bottle €1.10).I'm sure somehow they could provide one jug of water for each table.but that is only downfall.like others say they start packing things away 20 mins before advertised closing times so don't leave it until last minute to go down to eat.2 pools both excellent.i have a feeling there isn't enough sunbeds for the amount of guests so you have to be early to grab one at 8am.we talked to pool attendant who patrols the area and he is very strict on people who reserved beds and don't use them between 10am and 1pm.if you reserve a bed at 8 and arnt anywhere near by 10 ish you will get your towels removed.great hotel,clean rooms,great food,would recommend to couples,family's,great position beach/prom 5 mins away.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shane F
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Recently returned from two weeks at Playa 1. Before arriving the hotel have been outstanding. I requested a low room and early check in and both were accommodated. Hotel is central to the strip so very lively at night. Rooms are clean and all you need - very comfy beds! Pool area is quite small and there is a mad rush to the sunbeds so make sure you are waiting by 8:30am to grab one (Note if you are not on them between 10am - 1pm they will remove your towels!). Very close to the beach, max 5 minute walk. Plenty of shops around with the indoor market a few minutes away.
The food - OUTSTANDING. I have honestly never eaten in a nicer buffet restaurant. From fresh fish, to kebabs, to joints of beef, chips, pizza, pies, stews etc. The food really is incredible.
All the staff are very friendly and always happy to help.
I would a million times recommend this hotel to anybody that wants to visit. Will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Request pool view room. Can watch the entertainment from the balcony!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 26 June 2018

yet another brilliant holiday at the ambassador this hotel never ceases to amaze me all the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble a special thank you to Antonio (the restaurant manager ) who does a brilliant job this holiday was slightly different as we were travelling with a 10 month old baby on arrival we got seated in the dining room when Antonio came over and asked us to move to another table we looked at him and asked why he said it is too cold there for the baby as this is where the air con was how thoughtful of him and he also takes time out to speak to my autistic son .....even though he doesn't get much back from him its little touches like this that means so much all the staff in the hotel work so hard and this reflects on the cleanliness of the hotel it is spotless also have to say it looks like they got rid of the large groups of stag and hen partys which in past years have spoiled it for everyone well done ambassador keep up the good work and see you in october

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank andrea w
Reviewed 24 June 2018

the hotel is central to everything you need,very clean, the staff very good,the food was good, air bit cold in dinning room,it is in walking distance to verything including the
beach and the bus route.

Room Tip: limited pool view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family