“First class apartment!”
other travellers have booked this property
Apartment Terrace Overlooking the Pool & Gardens
Terrace overlooking Pool & Gardens
La Torre Golf Resort Club House
La Torre Golf Resort Super-Market
La Torre Golf Course and Views of Club House
La Torre golf course and lake view
La Torre Golf Resort
la Torre Golf Resort, Hotel & Spa
Tennis Courts on La Torre Resort
Historic Cartegena, Spanish Festival
Chef serving Paella at local beach restaurant
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

MDGF
Norfolk, England
“First class apartment!”
Reviewed 3 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My wife, 2 children and I stayed at the apartment in August for almost 2 weeks and we had a brilliant time both at the resort and also in using this specific apartment. We had stayed at the resort 4 times before using a family members apartment, however, since this had just been sold, we approached Holiday Lettings to locate another to use.

To be honest, this apartment was better; both for the location on the resort and for the nearest pool area. The apartment is located next to the centre where there is a beautiful hotel previously owned by IHG as a Continental Hotel but now reopened under new management this summer. In addition there are one or two restaurants in the centre and I was told during my stay that the company who own the Hotel and the restaurants are driving forward with plans to reopen more restaurants for summer 2018. It was evident to see that the resort was moving forward and attempting to reopen as many facilities as was initially planned when it first opened.

The Pool area (as you can see from the photos) is excellent. It was painful every day to drag my children away. It offers plenty of shade which was great for a retreat from the sun. The Pool is monitored every few hours or so by security from the resort, ensuring that everyone is behaving themselves and that the area is safe. There is a small supermarket across the road and just about everything can be purchased from here including fresh bread and baguettes. There is also a small gift shop which is useful for small items.

In the surrounding area under 30 mins away, there are two large Carrefour supermarkets; at Dos Mares and Cartagena (Espacio Mediterranean Centro Commercial). They both have an indoor shopping centre and there is a large Decathlon store nearby. Now if you have kids who like any sport whatsoever, then you cannot miss out on Decathlon. My children insist on visiting this store multiple times each visit and each time we visit, I leave much poorer. I would say that the one at Cartagena is better as the shopping centre offers more shops should you need a day out of the sun (or rain in our case).

There is a beach at Mar Manor/Los Alcazares but I would not go out of my way to visit these, they are average at best. There is a much better beach at Playa Horadada which is about 15 mins north of San Javier.

The apartment is fantastic, situated on the second floor with a balcony that overlooks the pool. The balcony is cool throughout the day and is covered in full sun in the late afternoon and into the evening. The rooms are great in size with 2 lovely bedrooms a, nice size bathroom and a large enough front room. The kitchen is fully stocked with all of the amenities including all items that you could ever need to cook with. There is also a washing machine which we used to freshen up our towels and clothes. There is a dishwasher too which allows you to concentrate on the important things on holiday. There are games to play, dads to watch and a TV with many UK based channels.

To be fully honest, I could not fault anything at all with the apartment nor the standard of the amenities both inside and out. There is the ability to use the underground parking which can help to keep the car out of the sun, however, its very tight in there so we only used it once as I did not want to scratch the hire car. Also, you need to be quick out of the car to locate the light switch. The light goes off quickly and it becomes a game to locate a torchlight beforehand. Thank goodness for phones.

In addition, I'd like to thank Lynn and Dave, the people who look after the apartment and live on the resort.They checked in on us a few times to ensure that we had everything we needed and also offered up many suggestions as to where to visit etc. They also pointed us in the direction of the local pharmacy in Roldan where we were able to get some assistance in for my daughter who ended up with a sore ear from too much swimming.

All in all, we would love to go back and we will look to use this apartment again should it be available. Many thanks.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing