“Interesting food and interior”
Review of Yakitoro

Yakitoro
Ranked #800 of 12 344 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chueca
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a Japanese-Spanish fusion restaurant and you should expect to be a little surprised. You order several smaller dishes and it is good to ask the waiters for advice if you are unsure. The combinations can be a taste sensation both ways. Well worth a visit. Book a time just to be sure - it's a popular place.

Write a ReviewReviews (4 497)

4 - 8 of 4 497 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great place for lunch and centrally located. Prices are not cheap but the atmosphere is really good, the service is excellent and staff is friendly. The food is a mix/fusion between japanese and spanish tapas, the cipi-kimchi was excellent and so were all
Other options we had. Highly recommended option if you re looking for something original and tasty + refined.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We found this restaurant and bar as we were wandering around this part of town and what an awesome find,although I never ate in this restaurant and bar I did enjoy a few beers in here on a Saturday night.
We were initially drew to here by the big crowd of people milling around outside of this restaurant and bar and so we had a little nose in,we noticed they served their own craft beer ,we opted for an IPA style beer and this bottled beer was served iced cold ,we just chilled out and took in the great restaurant and bar we were in.
The beer was outstandingly good, a really hoppy beer bursting with flavour and very easy to drink indeed.
As we had just ate we were only here for beers but I must say that the meals leaving the kitchen looked and smelt delicious and the menu looks really interesting,combining both Spanish and Japanese cuisine.
We really enjoyed our beers in here and the great atmosphere so much so that we ended up staying for another beer each before we moved on and for a first time visit we were very impressed with this great restaurant and bar.
Yakitoro is really easy to locate on Calle Reina in the Chueca neighbourhood which is an area teeming with pubs, bars and restaurants.
Opening hours are;
Monday to Sunday, 1pm till Midnight.
A great restaurant and bar and well worth checking out.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I went out for dinner with a colleague and we ended up here. The menu is full of small plates, all surprising you with the combination of textures and flavors. The price was reasonable and the waiter who attended us quick and super friendly. Good choice if you are open to new proposals!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Ok so the concept interesting, but sadly not well executed.
The food was average all luke warm.

To be very honest I didn’t understand what this place is trying to do ?
I think the locals love it, as it’s quirky and a great location but sadly I didn’t.

I hear it’s run by an up and coming chef, I wish him well.

Something for me just didn’t click.