All reviews plunge pool rooftop bar retiro park minute walk into the centre small bottle of cava great hotel sun terrace british airways two single beds pushed together city break shaving kit breakfast buffet emailed the hotel room was spacious the hotel is clean a great stay small pool
Reviewed 11 September 2018

My best friend and I booked a standard twin room in this hotel for a long girly weekend in Madrid and it did not disappoint! Very comfortable beds, very clean, lovely bathroom, lots of wardrobe space and an absolutely beautiful roof top bar. Yes, the rooftop pool is quite small and there's only seven sunbeds, but during the day you can spread out across the bar area which we did one afternoon and it was absolutely fine. The pool is basically just a plunge pool, but it's got lovely views over the park and it's just what you need when you're starting to overheat! The hotel itself is so beautifully designed, and all the staff are so helpful. The location is fantastic - we loved being a little bit out of the centre and able to enjoy the park and walking around the quieter streets. Don't assume you have to go back into the centre for dinner as there's some really fab restaurants nearby, and equally great places for brunch! We didn't try any of the food at the hotel, as we booked room only, and honestly we thought €22 each for the breakfast buffet sounded a little steep - we'd recommend going out and about for brunch as there's so many nice places nearby. I think this would actually be perfect for a romantic weekend away, but we had a fab girly weekend too and (hate to say it but it's true) this hotel is beyond Instagrammable! ;)

Room Tip: We didn't have much natural light as we faced a courtyard - maybe check at reception if this would be something that would bother you!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
PuertaDeAlcala L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Puerta de Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear SofiS76,

Firstly, I appreciate a lot the time you have taken in sending us your fabulous and wonderful comments about our hotel.

Iam so pleased to know that you enjoyed a pleasant and great experience with us and you liked the rooftop and location

specially. That is a good point to visit all the centrical places in the city.

We hope to welcoming you again your next occasion you came back to Madrid.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a weeks stay. It is a lovely hotel close to the metro station and within walking distance to some nice places to visit.
The room was spacious, I had a city view room which was nice, clean and quiet even though it was facing the road. Air con worked well in the heat.
The rooftop bar was a nice place to relax with great views of the city. The plunge pool was nice to cool off in the heat.
The staff were friendly in particular Angela and David in the bar and Ruben on reception.
I booked this hotel after a great experience in a H10 hotel in Barcelona and am glad I did. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
PuertaDeAlcala L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Puerta de Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Tarn77,

Firstly, I appreciate a lot the time you have taken in sending us your wonderful comments about your stay with us.

Iam so pleased to know that you had a great and kind experience and our staff collaborated so that you still felt even better.

We greatly are grateful that you choose H10 chain to feel at home.

Iam looking forward to welcoming you soon the next time you visit Madrid.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We went in March for a long weekend with office friends.
The room is cozy and nicely decorated.
The bathroom is clean.
Bed is okay to good.
It is in a nice location so accessible by buses as well.
I also likes having having drinks/apero at the bar, the staff was nice.
They also offer drinks at the reception (water, juices) which was nice when we arrived for check-in.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
PuertaDeAlcala L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Puerta de Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Mitch A,

At first, thanks a lot for your minutes in sending us your positive comments about your stay with us in March.

Iam so pleased to know that you got a pleasant and kind experience and you enjoyed your comfy room and you could take

advantage of all services. I feel so grateful to know that the location was remarkable. That is the main reason why many customers

choose this good comunicated hotel to get all centrical places in the city. Also, you could enjoy drinks in our rooftop and have a good

evening.

We would like to welcoming you in the next occasion you visit Madrid and we make you feel at home.

Best regards

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel could probably have avoided this review had they actually taken time to help their guests. Upon arrival the interiors were beautiful (hence the one star) and the 1st receptionist was friendly whilst checking in.

We had a great couple of days until yesterday (still writing the review whilst in the hotel now). When we checked in, the two lamps by our bedside had fallen off the wall, we didn’t mind and moved around them; the cleaner had seemingly attempted to put them back. When yesterday the maintenance staff banged on our door abruptly and asked to come in (didn’t explain why). After the man insisted on coming in, my partner had to hide in the bathroom as she wasn’t decent (neither was I) and started shouting at me for the damage to the lights to which we had no idea why they were broken.

He proceeded to tell me how to use the light whilst shouting, all the while my partner is hidden in the bathroom scared for violence. Whilst doing so made comments about our possessions and clothes being a mess in the room.

This is the first time I’ve left a negative review and I don’t like to complain, when we did at reception we were met with ‘thats a shame, it shouldn’t be like that’ and nothing more. We went to the Pool this morning after checkout, and were charged just under £30 for two Aperol Spritz. The Pool isn’t working and is full of chlorine (no signs to indicate so, and for the second time there are film crews on the roof.

Me, my partner and I few other guests are literally just left scratching our heads walking around with no idea what to do. The only star is for my partners company and the interiors, the rest is an absolute joke.

I’ve been made to feel like a child, and the hotel doesn’t seem to know it’s basement from its balconies, disgruntled staff with threatening behaviour and film shoots to which you apparently need to know about without warning.

I have been told to ‘be quiet’ on my own holiday.

I won’t be staying here again, and I expect in a least a full refund from the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReeceP46

Dear ReeceP46,

Firstly, I appreciate a lot the time you have taken in sending us your comments after you have been stayed with us a couple of days.

Constructive opinions guests are very important to us in order to take measures to change and improve our mistakes and providing

a high quality standing of customer service whose result is the best customer satisfaction.

In addition to this, I want to apologize for all the inconveniences you lived during your holidays and Iam so sorry for your unpleasant

experience.

Talking about the maintenance staff, I would like to inform you that the reception had the notice of the fault the night lamps so he

decided to fix it as soon as possible. At that moment, I think it was a misunderstanding because this maintenance person in charge

does not understand english very well. However, we have considered your appreciations about it to avoid these kind of situations.

Relating to prices of drinks in the rooftop, we can provide them to all our customers in a well informed menu and are available to all

customers who wish to consume a drink.

It is true that morning, we had a private event on the rooftop which finished at 13 pm and also you saw that special color into the pool

because we normally review all parameters in it to preserve all the health and hygiene regulations everyday.

I feel very disappointed for your unfortunate impressions. After that, I have understood that the Manager apologized to you and

she offered you advantageous solutions in a near future if you decided to come back to H10 Puerta de Alcalá again and in this way

recovering your confidence so essential for us.

Finally, Iam looking forward to welcoming you the next occasion you visit Madrid.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

This was our first stop on our honeymoon. It was the perfect place to start our trip and really set the tone for the rest of our vacation.

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The service is 5 star.

We had an amazing time on the rooftop.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
PuertaDeAlcala L, Director de Relaciones Públicas at H10 Puerta de Alcala, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Destination259072,

Firstly congratulations for the special occasion and thank you very much for your few minutes in sending us your very positive comments.

Iam so pleased to know that you had an unforgettable experience and you liked all services and details.

If you came back to Madrid, we would be grateful to welcome you again.