“Not the best place to eat in la Gran vía ”
Review of Meson O'Luar

Meson O'Luar
Ranked #1 290 of 12 774 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Neighbourhood: Malasaña
Neighbourhood: Malasaña
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The food not so good, at least not at all worth the price, I’ve been to serrano to great places, almost the same prices and the food just doesn’t makes it up at all.
It gets very noisy and you can barely enter the place. The dessert we ordered is from a supermarket. The picture is from the entrance, you can’t go out.
Not recommended at all. Very overpriced

Reviewed 2 September 2017

A Spanish friend recommended me this restaurant. I ordered mariscos paella and told that it would be $16 euros because I was going to order one person's portion. I had to wait for over 30 min. for my paella. The food was freshly cooked, but the rice was not fully cooked. Later I was told by Spanish teachers that Spaniards like the rice a little bit under cooked. However, the paella was not impressive. It was a little bit salty and plain. The clams were so tiny and the shrimps were not good sizes, either. The two mussels were very good sizes and tasty.

The service was minimal. After the waiter brought me a bottle of water, he never paid any attention to me. When the bill was arrived it was 20 euros + 1 euro for something + water + tax. Total 23 euros. I was a little bit confused. First, I thought I misunderstood because my Spanish was bad. On the hand, I would not misunderstand the number 16 (dieciséis) since I have been at a Spanish language school for 3 weeks.

I was not in a mood to argue about my bill. I paid it with my credit card and left the restaurant. So if you are going to this restaurant, repeat the price to your waiter and make sure that you are aware of the price of the food if your Spanish is not excellent.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Really friendly.you feel like local on the first visit. Really great food. Spanish ambience. Tapas to every drink.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Popped in here for beers after a hot day of sightseeing. The guys behind the bar were pleasant and fun and provided delicious free tapas with every drink! Definitely worth a visit because of the good atmosphere and the close proximity to Gran Via.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Nice tapas free with a small beer.
Great Bocadillos very friendly staff.
Prices very reasonable.