“Rude Staff”
Review of La Colectiva Cafe

La Colectiva Cafe
Ranked #3 764 of 12 012 Restaurants in Madrid
Neighbourhood: Chamberí
Description: Specialty coffee, 100% Arabica and fresh roasted. Vegan and fresh daily made bakery. Huge workspace for meetings, chilling or events.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Would have been 5 stars if it had not been for the rude barista who came over to a lovely couple and myself to tell us to put our tablets away, or go downstairs! Come on guys..... There are other ways to explain your rules to customers rather than delivering them in an awkward manner. (i.e wifi code with instructions, wifi only available downstairs etc.) Also, I understand the need for floorspace upstairs to make sure customers feel welcome and so that you guys can make money - I get it. However, I have enjoyed coffee while working in 100s of cafés around the world, but have never been told to put my iPad away!

Just wanted to read my book while drinking my cappuccino. Instead I'm on here writing a bloody review!!! Unbelievable.

1  Thank Timothy H

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really lovely coffee shop with friendly (English speaking) service.

We went for breakfast and the menu looked so great we ordered most of it...

A rundown:
Pan y tomate-good version of a classic
Soy yoghurt with fruit and granola-absolutely delicious and a really generous portion
Empanada-ridiculously tasty, well spiced and enormous!
Chocolate and pear cake-wholly unnecessary but totally delicious, can’t believe it was vegan!

Tea and coffee really delicious too.

Only complaint is that had run out of quiche which we were keen to try, but everything else more than made up for it.

Highly recommend to vegans and non-vegans alike. We went on a weekday but looked like they have a good looking set brunch on the weekends too.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

The coffee in here is amazing however today we came in for lunch of tomato paste and olive oil on toast followed by homemade spinach and lentil quiche with an oatmeal thin crust. They also did me a cascara which is an infusion made from the husk of the coffee bean which is like a lightly flavoured tea but very high in caffeine and not often for sale. This is a very stylish place with loads of seating downstairs.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I live in London and found this place when I was in Madrid 9 months ago and having been to many cates still feel this does the best coffee in town. I chose beans roasted in Spain over ones roasted in Germany and a V60. The coffee was delicious and full of subtle flavour like a great glass of wine without the alcohol.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

La Colectiva Cafe is one of the best coffee places in Madrid. Nice coffee, kind stuff (they also speak english), clean, comfy, good vibe, very welcoming! A perfect way to start your day in Madrid. After we discovered that was next to our Hotel, we went there every morning to get our coffees and breakfast. You should try their carrot cake, is really good! They also have soya milk and lots of delicious Marmalades tastes to choose for your toast. Loved it.