“Charming service, disappointing ceviche”
Review of La Olla de Marta

La Olla de Marta
Reserve with
La Olla de Marta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #727 of 12 860 Restaurants in Madrid
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: La Olla de Marta es un restaurante acogedor de cocina mediterránea fusionada con Latinoamérica / Mediterranean cuisine with a Latin American touch
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Great empanadas and a charming hostess. The ceviche was drowned in lemon juice, and it was difficult to taste the fish or anything else. Tiramisu and wine were both good.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and amazing place to eat! We went there by an accident but for sure it was one of the best accidents! The food, place and atmosphere is amazing. Just like at home. Wonderful octopus and paella and deserts... the staff really friendly- talked with us and have a time for us although the restaurant was full! If you’re in Madrid it’s a place where you have to go!

Edgar R, Propietario at La Olla de Marta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Thank you so much for your opinion, we´re so glad you liked our restaurant!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and very friendly staff, worth a visit for lunch. Food was freshly cooked simple but very tasty.

Thank you so much, we are glad you liked our cuisine!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Madrid with friends from the NYC area. This place is a gem amongst touristy tapas bars. The food is delicious, take the recommendations of the owners. We had the cap rear salad and pulpo among other items, the food was amazing. Enjoyed a chat with the owners. I would definitely recommend this place!

That’s so kind of you to say, thanks a lot!!

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I entered this restaurant for lunch, during a visit to Madrid, attracted by its attractive eclectic decor. I had the ' menu de dia' and was most impressed by the quality of the food, superbly prepared using the best ingredients. The service and treatment by the staff was excellent, and I decided to return during my visit for the 'a la carte' evening menu. I was not disappointed. With a menu that combines traditional Spanish with South American elements, ( the owner told me that the cook was Peruvian) I was impressed with every dish I tried. Particularly outstanding were the wok with quinoa, the tequeños, (fried cheese sticks) and braised octopus with sweet potato and mojo sauce. And the chocolate cake was to die for! Again the service was impecable; the owner very generous, on both occasions treating me to a liqueur and coffee. I will not hesitate to recommend this excellent and appealing restaurant to any friends who are visiting Madrid.

1  Thank Swinleywgn