Reviews (2 508)
2 508 results
1 715
1 715
All reviewssky restaurantla salaaqua barmarina sidegary barrettocean villagetop deckcontrol panelrunway viewairport runwayjuliet balconyplunge poolbreakfast was amazingfloating hoteldeluxe roomfive star hotelbars and restaurants
131 - 136 of 2 508 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Great stay on the Sunborn. La Sala bar was great place to eat, twice, and Friday nights in the bar is good fun with great singer and DJ playing loads of great tunes. Staff good and attentive without being too fussy, a laid back atmosphere but still retaining standards. One word of warning, the cauliflower soup was to die for and the ribs are some of the best ever.
One thing mentioned by Gary(from Sunborn) in another report is that GIB may not be for everyone and I get that, but, if you love a bit of history and love the passion of the Gibraltarians for being British then you will love this place. I do and as soon as I get the chance again I will be back, and yes, it will be on the Sunborn.

Room Tip: Rooms over Marina give great view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank WAC63
Gary B, Guest Relations Manager at Sunborn Gibraltar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear WAC63

Thank you very much for your kind review and very encouraging comments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff read all the reviews and I am sure that they will be proud at your comments about the food prepared for you along with the service our staff have provided to you.

As I said to you both during your time here with us, the Passion the Gibraltarians have with this very unique place you will never see this any where else in the world. There is so much on offer for the everyday tourist that visits us.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and represents our best reward.
We look forward to having to the pleasure of warmly welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were really pleased to receive an upgrade to a junior executive suite for this birthday weekend trip. The room, service, people on board were really helpful and pleasant. The food on board was excellent and not expensive. Great restaurants and bar and terrific entertainment. The pool was rather small and often crowded as it was also a small bar area but nice as a plunge pool. Not far to walk to the Main Street from the ship or to the cable car to go up on the rock. Would thoroughly recommend a visit to Gibraltar.

Room Tip: Suites at the back of the ship had big balconies with view over marine ocean village.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Jolly54

Thank you very much for your kind review and very encouraging comments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Chefs and staff read all the reviews and I am sure that they will be proud at your comments about the food prepared for you along with the service our staff have provided to you.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Everything was fantastic! We enjoyed our stay 100 %. Nice clean rooms, all personal staff was great and the restaurant with so much good food.. If you looking for the extra - book a stay here. You wont regret it!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gary B, Guest Relations Manager at Sunborn Gibraltar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Anettea396

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It is very gratifying for me to see that so many of our staff fulfilled your expectations and served you kindly and attentively as you rightly deserve.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Gibraltar.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We had 3 nights on board; travelled on Sunday and home on Wed (in May) it was the right length of time; We flew from Manchester; booked with Fleetway travel; walked to the ship which is approx 10 mins; you may have to wait at the road for the planes to cross!!! which is something out of the ordinary; a lovely welcome once on board; we booked Superior, the room was lovely, very clean, spacious and modern facilities, good wardrobe space, fabulous bathroom, tead and coffee (a bit sparse, take some coffee) a little balcony to sit and watch the goings on, we faced the harbour. lovely wide corridors on the ship; the breakfast was everything you could ask for; good service and friendly staff; could not be better. A bar area on the top deck, small plunge pool, sunbathing area at each end. It was nice weather when we went. Gibraltar seems to be having a bit of a building spree; we seemed to be walking everywhere under scaffolding; how many flats do they need!!! during the day it is quite busy with a lot of visitors coming over from Spain; at night it's fairly quiet so it's easy to find somewhere to eat; there are some good places around the harbour if you don't feel like walking too far. I would highly recommend the Sunborn and would go again.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank veronika_11019

Dear Veronika_11019

. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel together with its amazing location.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We travelled to Gibraltar on 21st June so I could show my wife my mother’s homeland and to celebrate her birthday.
As we generally stay in 5 star hotels when going on holiday, having viewed the Sunborn and other hotels in Gib I decided to book the Sunborn. A few days before we travelled I was contacted by the hotel to see if I would like to upgrade our room, as it was for a special occasion I decided to upgrade to a junior suite.
On our arrival at the hotel we were checked in efficiently offered a free glass of bubbly and shown to our suite. The suite itself was delightful a spacious sitting room, wonderful bedroom and a large bedroom.
Later that evening I tried the television in the sitting room only to discover after a few minutes that it had a habit of turning itself off! Not a huge problem in itself as I would report it the following morning before we went to explore the Rock.
I duly reported the misbehaving television and advised the receptionist that we would be out for the day, I was advised that someone from maintenance would fix it whilst we were out. Sadly on our return it was the same turning itself off as it felt like.
Whilst we had been perusing the facilities on the yacht we noticed that it was possible to order a high tea so long as this was done 24 hours in advance. I duly made the booking for Saturday afternoon at 15:00hrs. At the same time I made a booking for one of the restaurants for Friday evening. When I made the bookings I was asked if we had any dietary allergies, I duly advised that my wife suffers from a walnut allergy (which means she has to carry an eppi pen with her, as her reaction could be fatal).
That evening we ate in the restaurant on the 3rd deck, as I had already advised of my wife’s allergy I had presumed that the restaurant would have been informed. As an appetiser we selected the bread basket, having consumed most of the various breads we were left with one piece which turned out to be walnut bread! This could have been fatal. We then proceeded to our main courses which unfortunately were not what we ordered a common mistake to put the wrong sauce with the wrong type of pasta, but at least the waiter took them away and duly brought them back with the correct sauce on the correct pasta. When it came to dessert my wife enquired if the cheese board was free of walnuts, the response was “we can’t guarantee that traces of nuts haven’t contaminated other foods”. At this point we called an end to the meal and adjourned to the bar!
The next day I decided to weigh myself on the scales provided in the bathroom, unfortunately these were worse than the television as they wouldn’t turn on at all!
The next day we went for our “High tea” to discover that the tea was being served in the bar area on at best what could only be described as a coffee table, not ideal to be serving your food from a table tall enough to be perfect in a Japanese restaurant if you are sitting on cushions! The bar would not have been too much of a problem if the large screen tv wasn’t showing the World Cup! At least the tea was walnut free. The high tea we had selected was the premium one served with cava, unfortunately I had to remind the staff this as if I hadn’t we would have missed out on our bubbly.
I had made notes on my phone to discuss the negatives when we checked out on the final day, normally it is customary to ask hotel guests who are checking out how their stay was, I can only deduce that due to the number of complaints the reception staff have stopped asking that particular question.
On the whole the accommodation was excellent however the service left a lot to be desired.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GuyTheShirt

Dear GuyTheShirt

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sunborn Gibraltar and providing your feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.

We constantly endeavor to maintain the best levels of upkeep in our hotel and I can assure you that this is of critical importance. The issues mentioned in your feedback will be addressed with our Managers to improve our overall standards.

I hope that you will not judge us on this one occasion and I will be happy to hear from you directly to assist you with arrangements for a future stay that will restore your opinion.

Yours Sincerely