“What a great way to see Santiago”
Review of Italo Pendola

Italo Pendola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I am Italo Pendola, qualified Galicia Tour Guide. Discover the best Santiago and Galicia on a private, customised Tour! From celtic open air villages to stunning Galician natural landscape. Urban guided visits can include St. James Cathedral in Santiago and its Local Market,the Tower of Hercules in Coruna or Atlantic Ocean little fishermen villages such as Combarro or Cambados. Last but not least guiding you through the magic and legendary Coast of Death of the Finisterre - Land's end.
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We had a small, private tour of the centre of Santiago de Compostela with Italo. It was a brilliant way to get our bearings and to understand all the great things Santiago has to offer.
Italo tailored the afternoon to us and, upon discovering our love of food and drink, was only too happy to suggest local wines to try (which are delicious) and advised us on places to eat.
Italo has plenty of fascinating stories to tell you about the history of Santiago. I thoroughly recommend making use of his knowledge! He even made it possible for us to watch the huge censer swinging in the cathedral. Not to be missed.

Italopendola, Propietario at Italo Pendola, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you sp much Lisa for your words! Yes, Santiago has a lot of things to offer, and we started..strong with the Botafumeiro at the Cathedral!
Galician wines are most of the times a nice surprise so going beyond Albariño is always great!
I loved the conversation we shared! I hope you have a chance i nthe future to come back to explore new areas. You can count with my advice!

All reviews
"architecture"
in 4 reviews
"cathedral"

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Italo was a wonderful tour guide, he was able to give a detailed and fascinating history of each town that we went to while also focusing in on what makes that town great today. Italo is funny, personable, knowledgeable and easy to approach to ask him anything.
Thank you a Italo for such a wonderful tour of Spain, you helped make our group trip all the more memorable!

Italopendola, Propietario at Italo Pendola, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you so much Mr Meccia for your kind words! It's been a pleasure for me to share with you and the group the beauties of Galicia. And having you enjoying some good time!
My best regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I contacted Italo in November 2016 for our trip to Spain. A family medical emergency forced us to re-schedule our trip for late March 2018. Italo remembered me and was very understanding about our cancelled 2016 trip. With many e-mails going back and forth across the Atlantic Ocean, I felt like I had a friend in Santiago with Italo; not just a tour guide. Italo is very professional about answering emails on a timely basis. Our first day was spent walking around the old city of Santiago getting our bearings and discovering hidden gems within the city walls. The rain never let up but Italo's charm, knowledge, courtesy and friendliness kept us in good spirits. The next day we took a road trip to visit Muxia and Finisterre--absolutely amazing! My husband still raves about the scenery and the ocean waves at Muxia! I wish Italo could have accompanied us for our trip throughout Spain. I highly recommend him as a tour guide par excellence!

Thank you so much Mrs Marianne!
I felt so happy to know you really could come to visit Galicia. Believe me..the greatness of the Atlantic..its waves..its wind..make me feel great too. Like a kid! There must be a photo of me jumping over one of those rocks in fact :)
Kind regards to you and your husband,

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

My uncles, aunt, parents, cousin and I had a walking tour with Italo back in 2015. Italo was very knowledgeable, reliable and friendly. We enjoyed his company so much and we invited him, his wife and kids for dinner. My parents and I came back to Santiago de Compostela this August 2017 and we had our big family with us. My sister, brother and their family went on the walking tour with Italo this time around. We then met up with Italo and his family for dinner. Italo even helped with arranging our mini bus to take us to Lisbon. Thanks Italo, we will definitely contact you to catch up when we
go back to Santiago de Compostela!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We first met Italo in 2014 on our first visit to Santiago. We promised him that we would be back and he would take us to Finisterre. We had an amazing time in Finisterre with an amazing lunch. Italo is a great guide and he has amazing enthusiasm for Galicia. We look forward to returning.

Italopendola, Owner at Italo Pendola, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's been for me a pleasure to show you such fascinating area in here that..yes! I feel enthusiast about. I hope that you will have the chsnce to vome back in the next futire for new experiences in Galicia! Ci vediamo presto!