“Italo is THE best!”
Review of Italo Pendola

Italo Pendola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I am Italo Pendola, qualified Galicia Tour Guide. Discover the best Santiago and Galicia on a private, customised Tour! From celtic open air villages to stunning Galician natural landscape. Urban guided visits can include St. James Cathedral in Santiago and its Local Market,the Tower of Hercules in Coruna or Atlantic Ocean little fishermen villages such as Combarro or Cambados. Last but not least guiding you through the magic and legendary Coast of Death of the Finisterre - Land's end.
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I contacted Italo in November 2016 for our trip to Spain. A family medical emergency forced us to re-schedule our trip for late March 2018. Italo remembered me and was very understanding about our cancelled 2016 trip. With many e-mails going back and forth across the Atlantic Ocean, I felt like I had a friend in Santiago with Italo; not just a tour guide. Italo is very professional about answering emails on a timely basis. Our first day was spent walking around the old city of Santiago getting our bearings and discovering hidden gems within the city walls. The rain never let up but Italo's charm, knowledge, courtesy and friendliness kept us in good spirits. The next day we took a road trip to visit Muxia and Finisterre--absolutely amazing! My husband still raves about the scenery and the ocean waves at Muxia! I wish Italo could have accompanied us for our trip throughout Spain. I highly recommend him as a tour guide par excellence!

Date of experience: March 2018
Italopendola, Propietario at Italo Pendola, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you so much Mrs Marianne!
I felt so happy to know you really could come to visit Galicia. Believe me..the greatness of the Atlantic..its waves..its wind..make me feel great too. Like a kid! There must be a photo of me jumping over one of those rocks in fact :)
Kind regards to you and your husband,

Italo

"plaza"
"cathedral"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

My uncles, aunt, parents, cousin and I had a walking tour with Italo back in 2015. Italo was very knowledgeable, reliable and friendly. We enjoyed his company so much and we invited him, his wife and kids for dinner. My parents and I came back to Santiago de Compostela this August 2017 and we had our big family with us. My sister, brother and their family went on the walking tour with Italo this time around. We then met up with Italo and his family for dinner. Italo even helped with arranging our mini bus to take us to Lisbon. Thanks Italo, we will definitely contact you to catch up when we
go back to Santiago de Compostela!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We first met Italo in 2014 on our first visit to Santiago. We promised him that we would be back and he would take us to Finisterre. We had an amazing time in Finisterre with an amazing lunch. Italo is a great guide and he has amazing enthusiasm for Galicia. We look forward to returning.

Date of experience: July 2017
Italopendola, Owner at Italo Pendola, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's been for me a pleasure to show you such fascinating area in here that..yes! I feel enthusiast about. I hope that you will have the chsnce to vome back in the next futire for new experiences in Galicia! Ci vediamo presto!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Italo Pendola led my husband and me on a customized 3 hour tour of Santiago de Compostela. The tour covered the places we wanted to see, plus some things we wouldn't have known about, and was just the right pace. Italo is very knowledgeable (with some amazing historical anecdotes), enthusiastic, and clearly loves his city. A high point was touring the fish market, where the iced fish are still alive (even the clams AFTER extraction from their shells!) At his encouragement, we stopped for a snack of baby octopus which was cooked to order at a small stand outside the market. It was very good and made for some amazing pictures. We also appreciated Italo's dinner recommendations. You can't go wrong with Italo.

Date of experience: October 2016
Italopendola, Manager at Italo Pendola, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Thank you so much! I am happy to know you had a good time in this wonderful city! And to share some of the stories this town hides in his granit and window galleries.
Italo

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2016

Excursion from cruise ship. Decided to skip Santiago de Composta and other more famous sites and just deal with the immediate town. So, we find that Italo is hired by the town to impersonate historical figures. We learn from him that Northern Spain "discovered" and peopled Ireland. So, we learn; so we learn.... Truly fun. And then he sends us to a fantastic restaurant where the chef visits our table to serve every course: Alborado. Try him.

Date of experience: April 2016
Italopendola, Gerente at Italo Pendola, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Thank you very much for your opinion! It has been a pleasure for me to show you the best spots, with a bit of history and why not..ideal advices on drinks and food!
A big hello from Spain and..local celts descendants.