“Best private tour guide”
Review of Italo Pendola

Italo Pendola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I am Italo Pendola, qualified Galicia Tour Guide. Discover the best Santiago and Galicia on a private, customised Tour! From celtic open air villages to stunning Galician natural landscape. Urban guided visits can include St. James Cathedral in Santiago and its Local Market,the Tower of Hercules in Coruna or Atlantic Ocean little fishermen villages such as Combarro or Cambados. Last but not least guiding you through the magic and legendary Coast of Death of the Finisterre - Land's end.
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Italo Pendola led my husband and me on a customized 3 hour tour of Santiago de Compostela. The tour covered the places we wanted to see, plus some things we wouldn't have known about, and was just the right pace. Italo is very knowledgeable (with some amazing historical anecdotes), enthusiastic, and clearly loves his city. A high point was touring the fish market, where the iced fish are still alive (even the clams AFTER extraction from their shells!) At his encouragement, we stopped for a snack of baby octopus which was cooked to order at a small stand outside the market. It was very good and made for some amazing pictures. We also appreciated Italo's dinner recommendations. You can't go wrong with Italo.

Italopendola, Manager at Italo Pendola, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Thank you so much! I am happy to know you had a good time in this wonderful city! And to share some of the stories this town hides in his granit and window galleries.
Italo

"architecture"
in 4 reviews
"cathedral"

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Excursion from cruise ship. Decided to skip Santiago de Composta and other more famous sites and just deal with the immediate town. So, we find that Italo is hired by the town to impersonate historical figures. We learn from him that Northern Spain "discovered" and peopled Ireland. So, we learn; so we learn.... Truly fun. And then he sends us to a fantastic restaurant where the chef visits our table to serve every course: Alborado. Try him.

Italopendola, Gerente at Italo Pendola, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Thank you very much for your opinion! It has been a pleasure for me to show you the best spots, with a bit of history and why not..ideal advices on drinks and food!
A big hello from Spain and..local celts descendants.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

It's a joy to have a guide who combines these three things as Italo does ... par excellence. He loves his job, knows the area and Its history and was a brilliant communicator with our diverse group of nine Aussies and one kiwi. Our tour of Galicia included a superbe mussel eating cruise; a visit to Cambarro with a delightful lunch,followed by a stellar wine visit to the Martin Codax winery.It was a superb information filled and fun filled day thanks to Italos customer focus,tolerance and professionalism He,s a gem!

Thank you so much for your words! I try to give my visitors the best in the area..and there is a lot as you could see. With nice people in restaurants, catamarans and cellars to make it funny and ..instructive. The magic was created and I carry with me too the good memories!

Reviewed 26 March 2016

We were a large family group of 11 ranging in age from my 78 year old father to my 4 year old daughter on a cruise docked in Vigo for 8 hours. We gave Italo a handful and he managed all of us with ease. He met us at our cruise ship with a minibus and made sure we did not have to worry about a thing. In Santiago, not only was he an expert storyteller about the town, the unique traditions, the Camino and its pilgrims, and the history behind each of the sites on our tour, but he also made sure we beat the lines in the cathedral and avoided the crowds and the tourist traps. He found a great out of the way restaurant that we could all enjoy a nice break for lunch, and enjoy the local delicacies. Not only did he show us all the best sites of Santiago, but he even had time to give us a quick bus tour of Vigo on the way back to our ship! We highly recommend Italo as the way to go in Santiago!

Thank you so much Steve for your words that motivate me even more in this activity where you are my center for one day and where I want you to feel at ease in such a nice area, having a good time and learning the fascinating stories from here! Wish you have the chance to visit us again. Thanks for the great memories.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2016

Our group of 4 were delighted with the individualized walking tour we went on with Italo in Santiago de Compostela. We were met at our hotel and spent 3 hours in the town and surrounding area, enjoying all of the sites we wanted to see and more. We stopped along the way for coffee and treats at a local café and got 2 great recommendations for places for dinners for the next 2 evenings. Italo was informed, interesting, gracious and a delight to spend time with in this amazing place. We would highly recommend him to anyone wishing to spend a delightful afternoon in Santiago de Compostela!

It's been a real pleasure for me too, thanks so much for your kind words. You motivate me to go even further! THANK you from my heart.
Italo