“Fine dining experience in Santiago”
Review of Auga e Sal

Auga e Sal
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We tried a tasting menu. All dishes were very good. A bit overpriced if considering the overall experience but we were happy with the choice.

Albertillio, Propietario at Auga e Sal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Matteo M,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your visit and we will keep working to improve and provide a superior overall experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Please take the 5 min walk to this amazing restaurant. Perfect food and perfect wine, perfect service!

1  Thank Magnus B
Albertillio, Propietario at Auga e Sal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Margnus,

Thank you very much for your kind review, We are really glad to hear that you enjoy your visit and we really thank your for recomending us.

Alberto

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I had a really lovely Saturday night dinner here with a friend a couple of weeks ago. The atmosphere, service and price are all so good and the food was excellent. We chose to have the wine pairing which was incredibly reasonable, and really delicious. I would definitely go back and thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank SherrieTrifle
Albertillio, Propietario at Auga e Sal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Sherrie,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to know that your experience was positive. We really hope a second visit and we will work to guarantee that it is at least as good as the firts one.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Decided on a visit to this restaurant for my one night in Santiago after weeks of research, I wasn't let down.

I booked for 9pm as I didn't want to be the only diner, I'm aware they eat later in Spain but, 9 wasn't late enough! I arrived to an empty restaurant so took advantage of sitting at a kind of bar that was in front of the kitchen. I must note that the restaurant started to fill up at 10.

As I was alone and interested in food and new places, I got chatting to the chef and his team and they were great lads.

Sat down and was offered water, which was a full litre bottle and which I was topped up when necessary, choice of fresh bread accompanied by two different olive oils which the front of house lady (can't remember her name) explained their origin to me. I must note that when I got the bill, I was charged 2.50e for bread, oil and water which, I think is amazing considering you can easily pay £3/4 for a litre of water in a pub or restaurant over here.

I received an amouse bouche of cold white asparagus soup which covered some pan fried squid. The soup was so full of flavour and refreshing too, I love white asparagus so I really enjoyed it.

For starter I decided on 'centollo' which is crab spider, which was served with an avocado and lime cream, a piece of squash, some reduced bisque and some pearls of squash. The crab was deliciously sweet and just mixed with some mayo and red onion. It was a beautiful dish which was ideal as a starter.

For main I went for the fillet of 'old cow'. I asked if it was from the Galician blonde breed, which it was as I've only ever had the sirloin and rib, which I absolutely love. To be honest, I was slightly disappointed in the beef, I think it was down to personal taste though. I don't often choose fillet but because it was off my favourite breed of cattle, I gave it a go. The taste was almost gamey, not unpleasant but not as nice as the flavour from these old dairy cows in the sirloin or rib. The bernaise was well made, if a little bit too much of it and the potatoes were light and crispy. All in all, the dish was a bit too rich but again, personal preference.

For main, I decided on the 'milhojas de arroz'. I was expecting the cold Spanish rice pudding sandwiched between puff pastry from the menu however, lost in translation, I was very much pleasantly surprised. I found out from the chef that the pastry element was made from ground, cooked rice which was then baked as a tuille. It was so crisp and complemented the lemon curd which was between the two tuilles. The ice cream was perfect and was beautifully presented.

All the staff were lovely and I really enjoyed chatting with the chef who was originally from Bologna and had worked in London too. The bill was really reasonable and I'd highly recommend Agua e Sal.

Albertillio, Propietario at Auga e Sal, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Spazkin,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad to hear that your visit was overall positive. We are really dissapointed regarding the fact that you do not fully enjoy the main course. If you decide to visit us once again we will really appreciate that if there is something that does not fully fulfill your expectations you let us know so as to try to solve it in the moment.

Please let us render thanks againg or having recommend us.

Best regrads,

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came across this restaurant by chance. We had lunch there and it was delicious. It is a bit pricey, but it was worth it. The waitresses were very friendly and forthcoming. They serve typical regional dishes but in a modern way. We would go there for lunch/dinner anytime.

Albertillio, Propietario at Auga e Sal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Astrid,

Thank you very much for your having shared your opinion regarding our home. We are glad to know that you enjoy your experience.

We will keep working on a daly basis so as to keep improving our performance. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.