All reviews bread rolls great character bell ringing nice lounge no lift old town charming hotel the ground floor shared bathroom very pleasant stay stayed nights earplugs bells cathedral balcony magda city
Reviewed 20 August 2018

not the easiest place to find but once there it is delightful. The outside garden area is rather quaint for breakfast and there is a real Spanish flavour to the property which oozes history. It is though, very close to the church and campanologists would no doubt appreciate the joys of the bell ringing more than I did. They rang 156 times at just after 7am on 14 August. Who knows why? Seven bongs usually does it but not that morning. You wont miss the sound of the bells for long. They ring very regularly and I felt as though I was about to rub shoulders with the Hunchback. Do visit but pack the extra strong earplugs.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Personal, cozy, cute, very clean, inspirational...
If you want to explore the surroundings of the cathedrals and gardens, and to walk on the top of the city wall, this is ideal place to stay. Good value for the money. I had a room with a balcony and it was nice to watch the alley from there. The bells of the cathedral are loud so take the earplugs. I slept well.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mpk28
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is one of the nicest Pensios I've ever stayed in. The decor is excellent. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They have great advice on restaurants and local attractions. A good breakfast that was included in the price. The staff will do your laundry for a very reasonable price. We stayed 5 nights, using Girona as a base to explore locations up to an hour or so away by car. It was a very pleasant stay. The staff told me that the wi-fi only works on the ground floor and not in the upstairs room. Fortunately for me, the wi-fi worked well in my room, but I was directly above the very nice lounge on the ground floor where the wi-fi (which is free) worked well. There is no lift, but what do you expect in a pensio? I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street seem to be the best.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dorothy69Bangkok
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel on the day of my stay as a last minute decision and as soon as I walked in the doors I knew it would be a pleasant stay. The rooms are beautifully decorated and well serviced. I have no complaints about the standard of my room. I stayed in a single bedroom with a shared bathroom that was very clean and modern. The room included a small basin which came in handy. Magda, the lady in charge was incredibly friendly and provided a delicious spread for breakfast including fresh croissants, bread rolls, fresh fruit and juices which were not packet goods as I had expected. The hotel however is hard to reach by foot as there are many stairs to climb before reaching it. I recommend getting a taxi to this hotel unless you don't have a suitcase. Very pleased with my stay and highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Dreamer710990
Reviewed 17 April 2017

The property is in the Jewish quarter of the Old Town. We were advised to take a taxi as it could be hard to find in the maze of narrow streets. There is free parking nearby if you have come by car. On checking in we were given a key to the front entrance for after hours access.We fell in love with the place instantly. It has an authentic appearance with exposed stone walls in the ground floor public areas giving us a sense of the age and history of the building. The sitting room was a welcome alternative to spending evenings in our room. It was furnished with books, desk, art works, interesting archaeological artifacts and a much appreciated coffee machine. Our room was comfortable and clean and we could open the doors onto a balcony to enjoy fresh air and the sound of the church bells. Museums, restaurants, amazing views and tantalising winding narrow streets are all around.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor if stairs are a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends