“Great Lunch”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hadn’t planned to go here, saw the tasting menu in the window and thought it looked great and reasonably priced so we went for it! Really glad we did!
The food was interesting, beautifully presented and delicious. We had the wine flight too, which was great!
A really enjoyable meal and great value for money. The gazpacho was a real highlight.
Staff were friendly and helpful, however half way through lunch one of the two staff members started tasting wine with a couple of guys at the table next to us, which resulted in the other member of staff having to run around looking pretty stressed. The kitchen kept ringing the service bell but she was too busy to collect the food. As a result, we ended up with one course being delivered to the table before our previous course had been cleared and without the any wine. It didn’t detract from the experience too much, we just felt sorry for the girl left to do everything!!
The food was excellent and ambiance and staff were nice. Just perhaps consider not undertaking a wine tasting in the middle of lunch service!!
I would recommend this place!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love when you see a restaurant and think, I want to eat there and when you do it's beyond expectations. This was one of those. Thank you for a fantastic dinner!

JO3957, Gerente at Llevataps, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much, It make us really happy to know that you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant. We'll hope to see you again soon!
kind regards.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

It was recommended to me by my hotel, Nord 1901, and it didn't disappoint. I opted for the tasting menu and although I didn't necessarily love every dish, it was indeed an interesting tasting experience. My favorite dishes were the gazpacho, definitely the best I have ever tasted; the tuna, which was subtle and fresh and perfect; the scallops in a Thai curry sauce, really bold with just the right amount of spicinesss and with hint of cilantro... and I did enjoy the suckling pig. I didn't like the egg yolk ice cream, however the chocolate dessert that followed was sublime! The service was really wonderful: not at all snooty as some restaurants tend to be, and attentive and just friendly enough to make me want to come back to Girona again... Thank you Jordi and Josep and chef Juan Rodriguez, you do a great job. Gracias.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I like the restaurant which has the open kitchen. This is the case for this restaurant. And food was very good. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Girona is the place where I really think I would be able to leave. With a house in SS’agarò, Costa Brava. 20 mn far from Girona, and absolutely felt in love with the city, we visit Girona at least 3 times a year. And, much to our regret, we didn’t find the good place to eat there. Llevataps could be. We found it different, amazing. The result was not as good as we expected. The menu is ambitious. Too ambitious. Entries were good. Desserts the best. Main dishes disappointing: why to mask a Nebraska loin with a so tasty sauce? The taste that was missing to the cod?

JO3957, Propietario at Llevataps, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thanks for your visit. We are glad you enjoyed some of our dishes and I am very sorry that some of them didn't lived up to your expectations. We play, we try and we risk, sometimes the resulting dishes are great and sometimes not, but we keep working to improve and your comments help us to do it. Thank you!