“Flat in Eixample”
other travellers have booked this property
dinning room outside
room
room
dinning room
bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Inspirati...
“Good overall, generally happy but there were pluses and minuses.”
Reviewed 8 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

We had a great week in Barcelona (our first time, and with a toddler) and the apartment was clean and functional and served our needs. It had mostly what we needed/ expected from the listing. The location was fine with the advantage of being directly opposite a bus stop which took us to where we wanted to be on a number of occasions.
Note though that the TripAdvisor map is misleading. It shows the apartment as practically around the corner from Urgell Metro and this is one of the main reasons we booked it, thinking "great - 2 mins walk from the metro". However, the apartment turned out to be more like 10 minutes walk, several blocks away, which with a toiddler in tow makes a difference. So I would advise you to google-map "Carrer de Villarroel, 136, Barcelona, Spain" and you will see that the real location differs from what TripAdvisor lists it as.
Another disappointing thing was that I messaged the owner through TripAdvisor 3 or 4 days before our arrival and after 24 hours there had been no reply. I then had to call the mobile number myself to speak to the owner so I would advise her to check her TripAdvisor message box more often.
We were told that she and her daughter, who speaks good English, would be waiting for us in the flat when we arrived. This did not happen. Instead we were met by someone who spoke very little English and could not answer the most basic questions about where to get food within walking distance of the apartment. That would kind of be OK I guess if the apartment had an information pack for new visitors. This was our first time in the City and there was absolutely no information telling us how to connect to the Wifi, how to use the satellite TV box, where to go to find food, what to do with the rubbish, or transport links near by, nothing.
The apartment advertises itself as "Sleeps 7". The pillows were pathetic and we were 2 adults and one child and we had to make do with using a combination 4 wafer thin pillows and sofa cushions. I would strongly recommend the owners to spend some money on decent pillows for guests.
On the plus sides: there was a coffee machine, very good kitchen facilities, the apartment was enjoyable to spend time in and there was a good table to eat at. The lift was very good and the bathroom was clean and had all we needed.
I've rated as Average as I do believe the owner could try harder to make guests feel welcome and provide information. There was the offer to call if we needed anything which is fine, but we are paying several hundred pounds to stay a week so I think she could really put in more effort to make us feel like we were getting value for money. When you read reviews of other apartments you see comments like "The host was amazing, they spend time showing us round and making sure we knew where everything was". I would not stay here again but I would certainly come to Barcelona again.

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
11 Nov 2016
Dear Neil,

I am so sad to read your review,
We trully want our guests to feel like at home,
And if you had a problem with the pillows you should have called ( you never did) and I would have changed them immediatly...
For the arrival, unfortunately we are a familiy business and it occurs that I have to attend my other job, ( i am a doctor) so sometimes I am not available myself to do the arrivals, I really apologize that the person who did your arrival didn't have the level of english you expected.
Concerning the subway, actually you can see in google maps, that instead of waling during more than 10 min to reach the urgell subway station, if you had walked on the other way you just had 200m to the Hospital clinic station ( one stop more on the same lane), again you should have called.
Concerning the tripadvisor map, I give the real address and that is how they point it on the map, so I don't know what I can do more from my side.
Thanks anyway for your comments, it will allow us to do better for our future guests,

Regards,

Miriam
Reviewed 30 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

MidlandsM...
“Comfortable, well located apartment”
Reviewed 14 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

This well appointed apartment is well located in Eixample, within easy walking distance of the main tourist attractions; south east to Plaza Cataluna, Ramblas, Old Town and due east to Pg Gracia (gaudi houses+) and on to Sagrada Familia. Although close to these sites, the apartment is enough away from the main tourist hotspots to feel like you are mixing with locals when you go to nearby shops/bars and markets (El Ninot market is very close and excellent).
Kitchen is well equipped (although we ate out mostly), bathrooms clean and tidy with good showers. Beds were comfy and the lounge/dining area good for relaxing and planning the next days sightseeing! Wi-fi and an elevator were also welcome additions.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
bjm0000
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, spacious, comfortable flat”
Reviewed 2 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

This is a lovely flat for a relaxing and comfortable stay in Barcelona. The flat is spacious, beautifully well equipped and is within easy reach of destinations in Barcelona . We traveled with two children, who thoroughly enjoyed it as well as us.

Liked best: Comfort of flat
Mary G
Monte-carlo, Monaco
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Owner very welcoming and helpful. Property in very good condition, very comfortable. City centre and metro close enough to walk. Car was left in the secure car park all week as not needed to get around. Small supermarkets very close by.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing