All reviews gothic quarter balcony overlooking the square la rambla great location sant josep oriol beautiful square small square street performers interior room liceu metro station barri gotic small lift tapas small tv can't beat the location first floor rooms are small
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Our third time staying here. Small rooms but in Barcelona, you should be out and about. Spotlessly clean and all staff lovely. It’s so central and close to La Rambla. Some great tapas places around that won’t break the bank.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

We spent four days/nights in Barcelona at the hotel El Jardi, which is nicely located in the Gothic Quarter in Plaça Sant Josep Oriol. The hotel is very close to La Rambla and the Liceu metro station, and just a short walk to the bus transfer stop at Plaça de Catalunya. Just beyond Plaça de Catalunya is The Eixample neighborhood.

The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, and the free WiFi worked satisfactorily. The staff was super friendly, and all who we interacted with spoke English very well. There was a small TV in my room but I cannot speak to it since I never turned it on. We were not in Barcelona to watch TV.

The small plaza outside is lively during the day with entertainers performing throughout the day. If you plan on napping during the day, the sounds from the plaza might be a concern (I actually found the fun sounds to be helpful in a de-stressing way).

I hope to stay here again sometime.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2018

The place is ideally located in the Gothic area and not far from Las Ramblas which makes it very central. The view from the balcony is wonderful! The place is clean and the staff friendly. I was disappointed in the breakfast though, thought they could have included some sliced cheese or ham or something of the sort. Elevator is small but met our needs. Very cost effective. Like I always say, I only need a clean bed to sleep in as I'm out all day, and that it was. Bathroom is small but also clean.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank P9993XDkarenm
Reviewed 6 June 2018

We loved this hotel - all the things we wanted for our stay in Barcelona. Pleasant and helpful staff. Great location, off The Rambla in the intriguing Gothic quarter. The room is small but very adequate and clean - loved looking out our window and watching the activity in the plaza below. Very nice breakfast buffet. Many cafes, bars, and restaurants nearby. Metro is easy to access and to use. The T-10 ticket is a great deal. We would stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2018

excellent value for money, very nice staff, clean and comfortable room/bed

I am fit and slim.....if anyone reading this is in the larger than they should be category, better go somewhere else....elevator is available only from the mezzanine level and is itself the tiniest I have ever seen.....watched to women delaying us all who couldn't get in together and had to go up one by one.......sigh....

wifi was good, tv channels are not as varied as some people may like..( me I understand espanol so ok to not have too many international available but could be worth them adding some more for people who want; but overall nice cost effective and would return

• Trip type: Travelled on business