“A very modern and very good restaurant in Eixample”
Review of Igueldo

Igueldo
Ranked #494 of 10 922 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$0 - US$41
Cuisines: Barbecue, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Igueldo is a very modern restaurant located in Eixampl district, in Barcelona. The restaurant is very comfortable and the furniture is very nice. I came here with a friend and we shared some dishes like smoked salmon, croquettes, xató (typical catalan salad) or rice. All was very good. Also we drank a wine of D.O. Montsant called "El Santuari de la Figuera", which was excellent.
A very good place to come with friends or the family in the center of Barcelona.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a very good dinner at Igueldo, one of our favorite restaurants. However, we missed the owner, Anna, and felt that the table service suffered in her absence. Notwithstanding, the menu is always very interesting and the food was delicious. We will be back every tome we are in Barcelona.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My wife and I were taken here as a birthday treat and it's probably one of the best all round meals we have had in Barcelona. Starting with a selection of tapas style starters which were great. The fish soup and the calamari with beans dishes particularly good. Fillet Steak was great also, loads of flavour and clearly top quality. Fish dishes were also very good. Desserts, wines and coffees were all of the same high standard and at just over 50€ a head very good value given the location and quality of food. Finally we really appreciated the calm and spacious dining room which is a rarity in the city. t
The staff were great , looking after the four of us and our 18mth grandchild with friendly professionalism. No wonder this is the favourite restaurant of our Barcelona residing son and partner

Reviewed 14 March 2018

loved the place! enjoyed the food! appreciated the service! admired the cook/owner!

definitely a great restaurant to visit for a delicious basque lunch or dinner. there is passion for cooking that gonzalo, one of the owners, illuminates in his kitchen and you can taste it in every bite.
ana is very welcoming and accommodating, making you feel like a special guest.

certainly recommended!

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

While visiting Barcelona, we were invited by local friends for dinner at this wonderful Eixample restaurant. I consider them foodies, so I knew we were in for a good dinner. We were not disappointed. We shared a bunch of appetizers, which were delicious. My husband and I both had the cod which was perfectly prepared. We will be returning when we get back to Barcelona in a couple of weeks.