“excellent ”
Review of Restaurant Embat

Restaurant Embat
Reserve with
Restaurant Embat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #554 of 11 155 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$34 - US$51
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: La Dreta de l'Eixample
Description: For quite a while Santi Rebes , Chef and owner of "Embat ", was envisioning a change in the interior design of his restaurant. Santi was looking for a fresh style whose simplicity gives a Nordic bliss to his place and yet keeps it warm and cozy. Mid-2014, Santi decides to carry out his vision and engages Interior Designer Jordi Ginabreda . Jordi is a young designer born in Vall d'En Bas, Girona. He is currently based in Barcelona and he has an outstanding professional career. Jordi has certainly done an excellent job! Chef Santi Rebes Santi studied Culinary Arts at Escuela de Hosteleria San Ignasi of Barcelona. Over the years Santi works at two prestigious Dutch restaurants until he is invited to join Chef Cuisine in the well-known Barcelonian restaurant "Cata 1.81". Here Santi develops his flair combining the traditional Catalan cuisine with the acquired international savors. Later, Santi graduates as Master in Pastry at "Escuela de Postres Espaisucre" where he becomes Chef Cuisine of the school's restaurant. In 2007 Santi becomes Chef-owner of his restaurant "Embat".
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

excellent food!!! we had the tasting menu and spanish rice with mushrooms and prawns which were amazing! must try!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Tucked away in a side street, this small restaurant serves fresh products cooked to perfection in a somewhat Ikea-minimalist decor. The cuisine is creative and well worth the visit.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My first lunch on Friday was outstanding in every way. Beautifully plated, simple, but deliberately seasoned, the ingredients shined. I couldn’t help but return. A tasting menu for lunch on Saturday... yes please. I ate casi todo. I know that I could have ordered anything on the menu and been pleased.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The food at Embat was beautifully displayed and sooooo tasty. My boyfriend and I both enjoyed our starters and we both shared our mains and both loved them equally.

We had: Starter: truffle meat cannelloni/calamari Main: entrecôte with potatoes/suckling pork with parmentier potatoes.

The only criticism I have is that the main portions are small and if you didn’t get a starter or a dessert, you would probably still feel hungry. I would like to have had a bigger main, I wouldn’t usually be able to have 3 courses but with the portion sizes I would have been able to, but because of the price, we couldn’t justify having 3 courses.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Our group was here for dinner on our last night in Barcelona, reasonably priced, amazing food and excellent service. Everything we ordered was delicious especially the stuffed potatoes and the suckling pig!!