“Really good food and service”
Review of Firebug

Firebug
Ranked #429 of 10 744 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Opened in early 2016 we are hoping to bring back the elegance that once welcomed all: businessmen, mothers, children, dining families, hungry students, writers finding their characters and the feverish tourist seeking respite from the hot summer days.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food is super fresh and tasty, great selection of dishes and add-ons. I had Turkish eggs and my boyfriend - shakshuka. I liked his dish - super flavorful and rich. Service is exceptional. We had to wait for 10 minutes and they made tea and coffee for us while we were waiting. Food was brought out fast, and guys were very accommodating. Would definitely come again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It is probably unadventurous but I think when you find somewhere great to eat it is ok to become a regular. My husband and I have just enjoyed a few days in Barcelona taking in the sights. The Firebug was a happy accident being only a few blocks from our hotel. The food has been great (we would have happily stayed longer just sample the rest of the menu) and the service was great. Friendly staff. A great time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have just been here to celebrate my son passing his university entrance exams. We saw on their web menu that they had a banoffee dessert which he fancied.

After the ok hamburger, not bad but nothing special, we saw the dessert was not the one he had seen in the web, but a knickerbocker glory type. It said there was ice cream and it didn’t mention any which was good as I can’t eat cream. When it came, after a long wait there was a mountain of whipped cream on top, fruits of the forest sorbet, loads of bananas and some chocolate and biscuit thing at the bottom. It was nothing like the description??? I asked where the toffee of the offee was and the guy insisted there was dulce de leche, there wasn’t! The reason I had sears eaten down to the bottom was because I was trying to find it!
We left without finishing it, they offered something else but not to take anything off the price.
I have worked in many restaurants and I’ve never treated clients like this, we were right to complain that it wasn’t what was described on the menu, they shouldn’t have charged us for there weak attempt at something they have no idea of. I live nearby, but will not be going back. This is the perfect example of restaurants ‘trying’ to be American but having no idea and resulting in a bad imitation.
Please resist the temptation to go here, I wouldn’t want anyone to have the same disappointing result.

Rebecca M, Owner at Firebug, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Banoffee Knickerbocker Glory. The actual name on the website and on our dessert menu which would indicate that it is a mix of both banoffee and knickerbocker and this is exactly what our dessert is, a mix of the two.

Banoffee pie is an English dessert pie made from bananas, cream and toffee, combined either on a buttery biscuit base or one made from crumbled biscuits and butter. Some versions of the recipe also include chocolate, coffee or both.

The knickerbocker glory is believed to be a British concoction first described in the 1920s,] may contain ice cream, cream, fruit, meringue. Layers of these different sweet tastes are alternated in a tall glass and topped with different kinds of syrup, nuts, whipped cream and often a cherry.

When you brought it to the attention of the waiter that you were not happy most of both of the desserts had been eaten. We are clearly not trying to be American by offering this dessert as it is in fact English. We would happily have changed your desserts had you let us know in time and as you know we did offer to change your dessert for someting else even after you eaten the first ones. I´m not sure what more we could have done for you at the time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We came in for a table and the man just walking outside with plates helped is immediately. We put 2 tables together because we were with 3 and gave us the menu. He brought the food and came back to take the drinks order to start. Drinks were perfectly served. The food we ordered did look delicious and tasted as well like this. Pastrami sanwich and eggs benedict. The staff looked well trained and they all had their own tasks which made it very professional. Definitely will go back here!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Love a good brunch place and this was no exception, generous portions and cool atmosphere. Cosy seating upstairs.
I had the shakshuka, I can recommend this! Also got the pancake stack to share, I rolled out of this place so full! Not overpriced considering you get decent sized servings.
Gets busy on the weekend so make sure you have enough time as there’s always a wait for a table.
I would say this is in my top 3 brunch places in Barca, and I’m technically a ‘local’.