Reviews (1 183)
1 183 results
All reviews excellent location old town fine hotel spanish cities within walking distance beautiful city car park large car spacious room excellent breakfast major attractions free wifi modern hotel reception staff main plaza fresh fruit the heart of the city
2 - 7 of 1 183 reviews
Reviewed 20 October 2018

The perfect place to stay in Salamanca for location and comfort, and it also has a garage. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good. We booked many months in advance and when we arrived, we were surprised at the standard of the hotel for the price we paid. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
RemediosMadrid, Director General at NH Salamanca Puerta de la Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear user vschalatter,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impression about the hotel online.
On behalf of the whole team, thank you so much for your generosity when it comes to the rating given. It has been an enormous pleasure having you staying with us and we love that you have enjoyed your time with us.
Thank you for your greetings regarding our breakfast, is one of our most wanted services due to the wide selection of products and its quality.
I look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Location was amazing, couldn't be better. In addition the staff at reception were so nice and helpful. We ordered a bottle of wine for our friend as it was her birthday and they organised an upgrade and snacks to go with the bottle of wine. A wonderful gesture! Breakfast was good, and the people working in the dining room were lovely.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
RemediosMadrid, Director General at NH Salamanca Puerta de la Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear RenaA,
First of all, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay and for the trust you had in our hotel NH Puerta de la Catedral.
It is a pleasure for me to read such a positive comment as yours. I am very glad to know that your overall impression about the Hotel is outstanding. Providing our guests a great stay is our main goal and we feel really proud that the fantastic location aside the Cathetral,
our rooms with terraces, and the staff have helped to reached it. . I will personally congratulate all the staff. I am sure it will be the best motivation for his to continue providing same high level of service.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I think this is about my 8th visit to Salamanca and my 5th time in this hotel. The location is perfect and the hotel of a good standard. You don’t need a car while here but it will cost around 18 euros a night to leave it secured. I would recommend this hotel to others coming to Salamanca for the first time, it is central and close to everything you need to see.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duquesadiner
RemediosMadrid, Director General at NH Salamanca Puerta de la Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Duquesadiner,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our rooms once time again.
Thank you for your greetings regarding our great location. We work hard every day at the NH Puerta de la Catedral Hotel for offering memorable stays for all our guests. Please, let me to thank you for choosing us every time you return to the beatiful city of Salamanca. It has been an enormous pleasure having you staying with us and we can only hope for having the opportunity many more times to come. Until then, please receive our warmest regards.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

You can't beat the location the hotelis right next to the Cathedral, literally a few steps away. It is in the heart of the city but without the noise and commotion of the tourist walking around and yelling in the middle of the night.
The rooms are very nice, well kept furniture, great comfortable bed, incredible shower, good smelling toiletries, etc. I stayed theretwice during my visit to Salamanca and both rooms had an incredible view in two different floors.
On the second stay, the room had a funny odor, I called the front desk and immediately they offered to change me without making any excuses and apologizing for the inconvenience. There was a small problem with the pipe in that specific room.
My last night I had to get up very early and needed a wake up call and they were precise with the time of the call.
At my arrival, they offered a map and gave me very clear and detailed information to walk around the city, good places to eat and tourist attractions to visit
I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there if I return to Salamanca.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
RemediosMadrid, Director General at NH Salamanca Puerta de la Catedral, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Carla,
On behalf of the whole team, thank you so much for your generosity when it comes to the rating given and for staying with us again.
It is very important for us to know our guests experiences, because all that information helps us to improve the quality of our service and please, let me apologize for all the inconveniences you could have during your stay with us about small problem with the pipe, I confirm you that I will check all the procedures for not repeating it again.
I look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Salamanca is a university city full of youngsters and tourist visiting this very Spanish of Spanish cities. Very buzzy and great for people watching, lots of places to eat. The NH hotel is VERY CENTRAL and well placed. Breakfast and staff were excellent. Car park is tight but very safe being beneath the hotel €18 seems a little expensive. Bedding and beds were excellent. Toiletries are good. Hotel bedrooms in need of a little TLC and updating. No English TV.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Glym P,
First of all, I would like to thank you for spending some of your valuable time in rating our Hotel and services.
We are very glad to know that you have very much enjoyed your stay with us, specially our central location and our buffet breakfast., breakfast is one of our most wanted services due to the wide selection of products and its quality.
The whole team of NH Puerta de la Catedral remains at your entire disposal.
My very best regards,